Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratched Paint Costs

fiestalux

Although I live outside the UK, normally I can convert Pounds to Euro and get a rough price. Anyway, two scratches have appeared on the passenger door on my Fiesta. Whether they are my fault or not I have no idea as I don't recollect hitting anything but given my lack of driving experience it is possible in any event they need fixed. Both are about 2-3 inches long and down to the metal, are very straight and are pretty much parallel. The car is in standard (non-metallic) red paint. So the question is what's the cost likely to be? Also should I go with Ford or risk a normal bodyshop?

Any help appreciated as until now I had never had to go to a dealer for a repair. The car is celebrating it's first birthday this week so I am keen to keep it in good condition.

Cheers and thanks,

Fiestalux.

Ring around local body shops before taking to Ford as they're usually more expensive. Given the description and the fact it's non metallic you'll be looking around the £100-£150 mark as it will only be the one repair if they're quite close.

• Like 1

Thanks for your quick reply. That is not so bad, I had read some awful quotes online for €800 plus. Best practice my best car repair French or German :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club