Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just A Small Rant

J87

who in the hell decided to make the sun visor for the focus mk 2.5 they need a slap its that poorly designed they are useless what with the big cut out in the side of it the sun always comes through that gap!!!! :angry: B)

:)

I think that's a fairly common problem because the visors are shaped to fit around the mirror. There are other aspects of the Mk2.5 interior that are very poorly designed, e.g. the door pockets are virtually useless, the cup holders are too small to hold anything other than a polystyrene cup and the armrest/cubbyhole gets in the way when trying to latch the seatbelt.

Then, under the bonnet, the brake/clutch reservoir is tucked tight up under the scuttle and the headlamp has to be removed to check the power steering fluid level.

One has to wonder at the thinking behind some of this "design"!

the only more useless place for the handbrake would be under the bonnet!

I find the handbrake placing terrible, lots of creaks and trim noise on mine too, stripped the whole rear end to find a rattle that turns out to be the parcel shelf!

One has to wonder at the thinking behind some of this "design"!

Nowhere as near as bad as some other cars though.

On a Renault Megane, you have to jack it up, and remove the flippin wheel to change a headlight bulb!! Puts things into perspective.

need to practically remove the intercool pipes just to change the oil filter on the 1.6 tdci and should you want to clean out the sump youll be removing the exhaust, DPF and fan and my favourite of all, to replace the £20 fuel filler pipe, youll need to drop the whole rear sub frame, lets not get on to the squeeks, knocks and rattles!

:)

Sadly the cars are designed simply to make it easy to build on a production line my ok passat was the worst the timing belt sat at the front so to replace it you had to remove the whole front end draining the coolant etc must admit I'm tempted to buy the clip on my ok mans got its like tinted perspex that goes over the sun visor and covers the gap

Nowhere as near as bad as some other cars though.

On a Renault Megane, you have to jack it up, and remove the flippin wheel to change a headlight bulb!! Puts things into perspective.

Same on a Mk1/1.5, at least on the diesel. You can't open the cap on the back of the passenger side headlamp because it fouls on the battery tray so you have take the headlamp out and its bottom bolt is behind the wheelarch liner so that's only really accessible by removing the wheel. At least removing the Mk2/2.5 headlamp appears to be easier (but that's its only saving grace as far as I'm concerned).

to be fair there is a knack to the Renault mégane that you don't have to take the wheel off but they are a pain in the !Removed! your also right about the hand break at least for rhd cars

Get a sunstrip... Makes you look well cool as an added bonus... :lol:

I find visors are always rubbish though, and I'm fairly tall so it can only be worse for shorter people! My Golf had a 'mini' visor in the middle but it still didn't really work.

More annoying on the Focus though, is the dash vent end reflection right in the drivers view...so frustrating haha.

If I was designing a car I wouldn't have any door pockets or cup holders so those don't really annoying me. And mine doesn't rattle that often...but I am used to old French cars so this is luxury compared lol. Must admit there are plenty of odd noises though...the ABS self check for one, gets me every time!

You can easily see the power steering fluid level on the mk2.5 without removing the headlight and I can easily sit a can of coke or a cup of coffee in the cup holders on our titanium mk2.5 but I do agree about the sun visor.