Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tried To Update The Sat Nav On My 2009 S-Max Yesterday...

doxy

to 2015 release from 2009...I believe the car is fitted with a travel pilot nx system. The old disc is titled Ford - DVD navigation Europe 2009, Blaupunkt. The new one is Navigation DVD - Europe, Turkey, Ford NX 2015 by Tom Tom.

I put the new disc into the reader, some lines flashed across the screen saying it was updating the system, all appeared well, with the normal sat nav screen appearing, then a few seconds later the screen went black and i seem to have lost all functions of the unit, ie no cd/radio/air con etc. The screen is now black-blank so not sure how to eject disc or how to sort...

Would be grateful for any help on what to do.

Also anyone know which disc i should have bought if i wanted to keep the tmc function with this unit?

Thanks in advance....

Russell

Ton Tom make the new discs for the sat nav. On the back if the box there should be a list of the stars it fits

You may need to update the firmware on your sat nav before installing the new disc

thanks for this...any idea thjough how i get the disc out and functions working as everything is dead on the unit at the moment?

hi - thanks so much for your help on this...i'd seen the second video, but not the first one - i may have turned the system off too early as i got the update screen and flashing bars...very interesting...the problem i have now is that everything to do with the unit have stopped working - i just have a blank black screen so can't get the new 2015 sat nav disc out or do anything to the system at all...

Do you think if i disconnected the battery it might reboot it?

big thanks for your help...

Russell

Do you have the code if so proceed. Be advised by disconnecting the battery it will Also reset your ecu etc

• Like 1

hi - thanks so much for your help on this...just to update...the battery went completely flat last week by itself...guess all this connected. Anyway called AA out on saturday...they restarted the car and low and behold the sat nav and all functions were up and running straight away...( i seem to have lost the auto up on the drivers window but i guess that could be just coincidence?)...any idea if TMC will work with the 2015 disc or how i would know if it was?

big thanks as ever...

russell

Concerning the window settings there is a way to retrain the system-

Roll window all the way down release switch and then quickly press down and hold for a few seconds.

Roll the window all the way up, release the switch and then hold in the up position for a couple of seconds.

• Like 1

Tms should be workin as part of the system

because your battery went flat all the setting will have gone to default so you will need to re set them up

TMc dosn't verbally say there is a problem it shows you on your screen and offers an alternate route

• 1 month later...

Just got off the phone from talking to Ford Parts Dept as we have upgraded the sat nav DVD (same version as Doxy) and we have lost TMC information too. Person at Ford read out a letter to me from Tom Tom dated 2013 stating that TMC is no longer supported by them and not supplied in any new discs using the NX and FX system. No-one told us this when we purchased our new disc in March this year.

So it seems, you can update your road maps etc but lose TMC ... you can still get updates via the radio alert system.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club