Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon Not Working Module Been Replaced...

Wes296

My Aircon stopped working last summer after being temperamental so I set about at replacing the controller with a known working controlled or I was lead to believe.

I could do with some real in depth wiring diagrams or someone with a good understanding of how it works to help me out.

Basically so far I've checked and metered all fuses in both engine bay and glovebox known to be related to the aircon/radiator fan.

Thing that puzzles me is the 3 pin plug that feeds the radiator module has battery voltage to it at the two thicker cables, but the purple wire shows no life whether aircon on or not. If I trace that wire back to the fuse box I'm pretty sure it's the second cable in from the left on the top row and there I get 1.21v when the aircon is on.

I've checked battery voltage present at fuses 31 and 82 and all ok, the relay works ok and switches as it should, this isn't an aircon only problem as doesn't come on when engine is over normal temperature range.

The aircon works when fan is being spun by driving.

Any help appreciated...

so from what your saying the fan motor is not working when air con switched on and also when engine gets hot?

if thats the case you need to unplug the multi plug to the cooling fan motor, check the green/yellow for 12v from the k45 relay , which looks like you have already done., the other thick wire should be black and its the earth so check that with ohm meter from black wire to battery negative,

the thin wire is the signal wire to pcm, pcm controls the fan speed with this, you say its purple, thought it was blue, whichever.

the fan modules are known to pack up, you can check the purple/blue wire by accessing the pcm and checking for continuity from the multiplug to pcm connector pin 95

How the best way to get at the pcm? I've checked the resistance on the earth wire nothing seems suspect. Yeah it's probably blue more then purple you're right.

To acess the pcm wiring is a pain in the ####, its buried behind o/s strut top wth shields and security bolts to drill and chisel out. Good luck,

I would personally have an educated guess at the fan/ module at fault, can you get a cheap 2nd hand one from scrap yard to try?

I've ready replaced it with a 2nd hand one which I was lead to believe was working.. So I'm in two mind dig deeper or replace it with another module. I also heard it was a painting get to wasn't sure where it was located though.

I've replaced my controller/module for the third time and still no luck at either aircon or overheating. With aircon on and module plugged in I'm getting 0.2v DC at the motor terminals.

The blue wire where does it go exactly I may run another wire independent and see if it works?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club