Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Head Unit & Convers+

Dave_TDCI

Last week I upgraded my standard Ghia instrument cluster which the small red on board computer to the Ford Convers+ instrument cluster from a Titanium spec Mondeo. It was a straight forward plug and play which I was very happy about...only issue is the mileage isn't correct.

I currently have the standard Sony 6 CD head unit which also displays info on the Ford Convers+ display such as radio station name or cd number etc.

I want to upgrade my Sony head unit with an aftermarket one designed for the Mondeo/ Focus etc with Sat Nav, B/T, reversing camera but I don't want to loose the functionality of the link between the radio and the Convers+ display.

This is an example of the type of head unit I'm interested in: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/7-Car-Stereo-AutoRadio-DVD-Sat-Nav-Unit-GPS-For-Ford-Focus-Mondeo-S-Max-Galaxy-/321443324923?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ad783e3fb#ht_13432wt_1190&clk_rvr_id=810737203453&rmvSB=true

In the Focus section of this forum I discussed with lots of helpful information on which were the better head units to go for, Eonon was a brand that was highly recommended but because of upgrading to the Convers+ display I'm wondering has anyone installed an aftermarket head unit that kept this function or aware of any that supports this?

I know a lot of them say they keep the functionality of the steering wheel controls but I'm interested in more so a head unit which can support and display the information on the Convers+ (since I only recently paid €200 to get the Convers it in the first place I don't want to loose most of its functions)

Thanks in advance

looks really smart that mate,something am looking for,been use to car with usb port for music and the cd6000 is load of crap,hate cd's so this is a winner for me,good price aswell in my eyes

• Like 1

Yeah looking on eBay there's a huge amount of different units designed specifically for the Mondeo/ Focus. Big price difference as well though ranging from 200 to almost 1000!...

• 2 weeks later...

what type of info are you after m8 I have the Eonon d5161 in my mondeo

what type of info are you after m8 I have the Eonon d5161 in my mondeo

Looking to keep the info that gets displayed on the convers+ from the standard Sony head unit such as radio stations, cd changer etc...most of the aftermarket head units I've looked up don't have this interaction with the Convers+ display so you loose most of the functions except for the trip computer and settings.

The eonon unit you have pal does that work with the convers+ as in display radio and cd info?

here is what shows on mine & I can change channels on the radio with convers+ also change track on the cd

post-64862-0-27264500-1429633741_thumb.j

post-64862-0-73172800-1429633758_thumb.j

post-64862-0-53525900-1429633774_thumb.j

That looks like a good option does yours have the GPS and if so do you need another aerial?

Brutus1966 that looks very good!

Any aftermarket units I've seen the radio or cd what so ever and just appeared as blank icons on the Convers+

Did you have to do any modifications to get it working like that or was it a straight plug and play?

And just wondering from the pictures does the unit have RDS for station names?

Interested in getting this unit myself now!

yes its plug and play no cutting or messing about and yes it comes with satnav aerial

RDS is on the unit but to small to see in the picture I put up ill get one later so you can see it

• Like 1

Mmm all looking like I might do a radio transplant . Where did you site the GPS aerial and is it one of those small square types?

here is what shows on mine & I can change channels on the radio with convers+ also change track on the cd

Wow, Brutus1966, well done! :wub: Many thanks for sharing with us! And welcome to share with us more of your

nice installation pics on our Facebook or pics/vid channel like many other fans do:

http://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official

http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx

Btw, your model is GA5161, GM5161 or D5161? Thanks, waiting for your reply.

• Like 2

Brutus...the version you have is not Android am I right?...From what I've been looking up some of the Eonon non android versions work but the android versions don't?!?

I put the gps up on the roof as its magnetic small square

no not android its windows ce

here is a close up to show rds

post-64862-0-82054400-1429810344_thumb.j

Don't suppose you also have the dab add-on too do you. Looking for an honest opinion of it? Although I'm pretty much sold on getting the windows CE eonon UN t

In kinda highjacking a little here with the questions but what's the nav like? I'm not expecting it to be on par with Garmin and the like but I would like it to not try and drop me 3 miles off the coast of Blackpool if I try following it.

Brutus, am I right in saying this unit give you CD, MP3 input, radio and phone

• Like 1

Think I might opt for this unit myself over the Android version so

I have been looking at the Eonon for a bit,

Can i please ask?

can you play your music on mobile via bluetooth through unit?

How does the sound compare to the sony unit i have got the DAB 6 disc unit and get some good sounds all ranges hi low and also a non distorting bass, as far as i am aware the car is still running factory fit Speakers one owner before a company so i know that they would not put after market upgrades in.Have looked on etis and it states

• High Level CDX6+AM/FM+DAB
  • With 8 High Series Radio Speakers

How does the sound compare to the sony unit

• High Level CDX6+AM/FM+DAB
  • With 8 High Series Radio Speakers

When I was researching this unit, I found this video and thought it might help.

Plus, whoever it is does have epic taste in music. Nothing like a Dreamtheatre prog metal solo to test sound quality. I personally think it sounds better. I think the Sony unit is to bass tone heavy and not enough mid range.

On my sony in the settings I have got option to adjust bass,mid and treble have you been in to see what your set to. Just as a note I can have different settings for each radio cd etc. So if you have adjusted for one check out the others, sorry if I am telling you something that you already know.

No problem. Yeah been in to there and changed it, still don't much like the sound. Don't get me wrong, sound quality is good. It's just the way the Sony recreates sound is not to my taste

• 1 year later...

little old thread but found it in google and want to ask one thing.

Is possible listen music with those eonon units, when you dont have key in ignition? Like when i want to listen music in garden whole day or something...

• 1 year later...

As I saw there is 3 android brands for Ford: Eonon, Pumpkin and Xtrons (maybe more)

I bought an Xtrons Android 6.0 and it doesn't sync with my converse+. More than that, after a month, it doesn't start when I start the engine, it starts after a couple of minutes.

Or sometimes, it stop in the driving time and starts again after a couple of minutes.

Now I tried to connect it directly to the battery and it works. It's working only the left side steering arrows.

I'm thinking about this connection between radio and convers+, could be because of this external CAN BUS which comes with the radio?

Or what is this good for?

http://xtrons.co.uk/pb76fsfap-b-7-hd-digital-octa-core-64bit-32gb-2g-ram-android-6-multi-touch-screen-car-dvd-player-custom-fit-for-ford.html

I don't recommend to buy this radio.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2017 at 2:02 PM, Mihai Giurca said:

As I saw there is 3 android brands for Ford: Eonon, Pumpkin and Xtrons (maybe more)

I bought an Xtrons Android 6.0 and it doesn't sync with my converse+. More than that, after a month, it doesn't start when I start the engine, it starts after a couple of minutes.

Or sometimes, it stop in the driving time and starts again after a couple of minutes.

Now I tried to connect it directly to the battery and it works. It's working only the left side steering arrows.

I'm thinking about this connection between radio and convers+, could be because of this external CAN BUS which comes with the radio?

Or what is this good for?

http://xtrons.co.uk/pb76fsfap-b-7-hd-digital-octa-core-64bit-32gb-2g-ram-android-6-multi-touch-screen-car-dvd-player-custom-fit-for-ford.html

I don't recommend to buy this radio.

I had same problems with the radio not coming on. 

After house of googling and forum reading I found the fault to be the convers+

Does you battery some times die aswel?

I found that if I press convers+ in corners and bottom hard, then the radio would turn on. 
I fitted new convers+ and not had any problems since (over a years)

I would look at the convers+ first before suspecting the radio.

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club