Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Auto Turn Off (Not Working - As Such)

Neildrummer

Hi, just recently upgraded from my 04 Focus to a 61 Focus and so far am impressed. I have one question about the stereo though. It works fine however if I'm on my own and turn the engine off the stereo stays on, even if I get out and lock the car. If I have a passenger and we park up and turn the ignition off and they open the passenger side door, the stereo goes off... Is this right? Should the stereo go off if either door is opened with ignition off?

I've looked in the settings and consulted the manual, to no avail...

Anyone know where its going wrong?

Cheers

Neil

It should go off when you open the door.

Does the interior light come on when you open the drivers door to get out?

Hi Mate, yeah it does... Just the stereo stays on unless the passenger side door opens...

You've been sold a Continental radio! Thinks the passenger door is the drivers :-)

Seriously though, I have a mk3 and if the engine is switched off the radio goes off when I open the drivers door. Passenger door makes no difference, radio stays on.

You might be onto something there... I'll email the dealer... Actually, just been out to check and I don't get a warning if the engine is on and the driver door is open, I do with the passenger side. Should I also get a warning if I leave the headlights on? Cos I don't get that either?

It was a bit tongue in cheek but maybe something isn't programmed right.

No, you should have an audible warning if you leave your lights on and open the drivers door if you've switched the engine off. Engine on no warning. Passenger door should have no effect at all. Not their problem if you leave your lights on.

I'm sure someone who knows a lot more about the configuration will be along with good answers.

Got this booked in at the dealer... so hopefully should be sorted.

I have a 63 plate focus 1.6tdci and the radio goes off when the engine is turned off and either the front passenger or driver door is opened. Headlight only chimes when lights are turned on and the drivers door is opened.

Turning the radio back on puts on a 1 hour timer.

• 1 year later...

Hi, not sure where to post this, tried to find the most relevant topic..

I have a miltimedia stereo installed in my mk2 focus which looks similar to this http://www.eonon.co.uk/Ford-Focus/Mondeo/S-max-Android-5.1.1-Lollipop-Quad-Core-7″-Multimedia-Car-DVD-GPS-with-Mutual-Control-EasyConnection/GA6162F.html

I purchased this on eBay from china so this is not a branded or genuine product (but works)

The buttons on the system have never worked, if i switch on the ignition sometimes they flash for a split second so it seems as though they are wired into the ignition but not properly or at least thats what i think. Not sure if this is a wiring problem or the stereo lights just dont work properly. Any thoughts guys? Ive had this system for nearly 2 years its been very helpful with sat nav and ive wired up a reverse cam so its annoying that i cant see the buttons at night because everything else is great.

Thanks

Have you had a look through the settings of the stereo at all?  

I have an aftermarket Xtrons head unit and within the factory settings menu I have an option to change it from right to left hand drive, so that it will recognise such warnings as door open etc etc