Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This will make you laugh

Michael P

my cheapest quote is with direct line which is £1,700

Told you :P Thats what Matts pays on his fiesta.

I pay £550...£1,200 less than him. On my mk5 I paid £650 (1/2 the price on an identical car (well mine had alloys))

Absolute rip off. He is the same age as me so not an age thing either really.

Just because he is male.

£650 for me :) It was over £1000 before i was 21 tho! :o

i'm 17, hence the price, its all expected!

and paul i know what you mean, the car is worth about £200 so paying £1,700 just for insurance is mad but worth it!

i'm 17, hence the price, its all expected!

and paul i know what you mean, the car is worth about £200 so paying £1,700 just for insurance is mad but worth it!

Good for you doing the right thing Michael

How much???

Are they taking the p*ss or what?

What are you trying to insure---a flipping Ferrari?

I'd give that company a really good swerve if I were you!

I don't think Ferrari's are that much, a friend of mine with 9 points on his license insured a Ferrari F40 for just over £1000 so how can they warrant charging that much, thats nearly 50% of what the car costs

I don't think Ferrari's are that much, a friend of mine with 9 points on his license insured a Ferrari F40 for just over £1000 so how can they warrant charging that much, thats nearly 50% of what the car costs

What you paying then Trav cos your yuong(ish) LOL

Good for you doing the right thing Michael

i am! :D

What you paying then Trav cos your yuong(ish) LOL

I currently pay £750 but with an £800 voluntary excess so that its cheaper. That is with Elephant. Although if you have more than 2 cars in the household Tradex home fleet is quite cheap but you need to be careful with their wordings

if i were to be involved in a crash with the fiesta the likelihoods of it getting fixed would be quite low due to the value of the car, well trade value.

private sale i could probably get about £500 for it if i was lucky but to trade it in it wouldn't be worth diddly squat

I currently pay £750 but with an £800 voluntary excess so that its cheaper. That is with Elephant. Although if you have more than 2 cars in the household Tradex home fleet is quite cheap but you need to be careful with their wordings

And I guess with what other cars are involved too!!

if i were to be involved in a crash with the fiesta the likelihoods of it getting fixed would be quite low due to the value of the car, well trade value.

private sale i could probably get about £500 for it if i was lucky but to trade it in it wouldn't be worth diddly squat

Well I thought if the repair was going to cost more then 25% of the value of the car then they wrote it off - better hope you never need a new windscreen there Michael . . .

I know it's frowned upon (could possibly even be technically illegal these days), but would it be an option to get yourself insured as a second driver? I know you wouldn't build up and no claims bonus (at least with most insurers, anyway) but at least you'd be able to drive.

my insurance wasnt to bad this year.

£450

21 years old

3 years no claims

thats on a ZS aswell so im fairly happy :lol:

I currently work in insurance as part of my gap year before uni, and there are two bands where insurance will be significantly reduced. The 1st is 21 and the 2nd is 25. Unfortunately the company I work for won't be able to help you guys as they don't do individual car quotes. However Tradex will offer you dirt cheap car quotes but as I said you need to make sure you get the cover that you want as they are crafty, they will change things if you ask them but you just need to read your policy docs carefully. Also Bell and Foryoungdrivers are supposedly quite good.

Lots of insurance companies are catching on to the "second driver" thing now though, Direct line rarely let you do it (I couldnt when we tried to renew my old one last year)

as emily said the named-driver-on-your-own-car is being cracked down.

i was going to do it but then i decided it would be more beneficial to have my own policy and it isn't too much more price wise anymore

also what people forget is who the car is registered to on the V5 logbook as thats a way they catch you.

i am already a genuine named driver on my mums car so it would look funny if it happened on a second car.

And also it was a bit suspicious when the car was in my name and we changed it to my mums all of a sudden!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club