gillyallan

Ecoboost / Econetic

Are they identical and just a name change ? Just I seen a 13 plate with econetic and mine is 14 plate with ecoboost.

Just the same mate. They changed the boot nameplates around sept 2013. I had a 2013 ecoboost 125bhp with an econetic name plate

All the 1.0 Fiestas are ecoboosts :)

*correction* Not all 1.0 were ecoboosts.

I think that econetic stands for diesel engines...

I think that econetic stands for diesel engines...

False I'm afraid.

I have a Econetic badge of the back of my fiesta, which is a 1.0T EcoBoost petrol [start/Stop]

Just the same mate. They changed the boot nameplates around sept 2013. I had a 2013 ecoboost 125bhp with an econetic name plate

All the 1.0 Fiestas are ecoboosts :)

Snap except mine was the 100bhp [before the remap] :D

Snap except mine was the 100bhp [before the remap] :D

Am the same a got titanium 125ps EcoBoost but had a econetic badge

Maybe in britain they just put the badges on petrol too... but i am 100% sure that the diesel engine 1.6 is called econetic... google it :)

I thought econetic was another trim level like Style, Zetec, Titanium etc, with all the 'eco friendly' changes as listed above?

They put the econetic badge on all the Mk7.5s to start with.

I don't believe they did.

I had a 1.25 2013 (62 plate) zetec, that had nothing on its rear, a neighbour has a 13 plate 1l I think (when I believe you had the choice of with or without ecoboost) again nothing on its rear

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I stand corrected :p

I don't know the answer then and it looks a bit random. We do no for sure though that it wasn't a specific trim level, however there was / is a diesel econetic at one point as mentioned earlier.

I thought econetic was another trim level like Style, Zetec, Titanium etc, with all the 'eco friendly' changes as listed above?

You are correct Martyn. It looks now like there are econetic versions (1.6 Diesel) but as mentioned earlier they did stick the badges on other trim levels, and petrol versions

Wikipedia gives a clear definition of Ford's ECOnetic branding - it's all about fuel economy & eco friendliness achieved by design.

I'm pretty sure ECOnetic relates to the start stop technology in newer models...might be wrong.

I'm pretty sure ECOnetic relates to the start stop technology in newer models...might be wrong.

This maybe correct...

post-62796-0-05855400-1428816697_thumb.j

Ford factories seem to be incredibly inconsistent when it comes to badging... who knows :P

You will get start stop with all ecoboost engines. The economic will just have lower springs (not for sportiness) and smaller more aero friendly wheels

You will get start stop with all ecoboost engines. The economic will just have lower springs (not for sportiness) and smaller more aero friendly wheels

My 2013 titanium econetic had normal springs and 17" wheels :p

Ford ECOnetic Technology is a customer driven initiative bringing together a range of vehicle features and technologies specifically targeting better fuel economy, reduced emissions and overall lower cost-of-ownership – without compromise to great design or driving dynamics. 

For example, EcoBoost petrol engine technology and refined Duratorq diesel engine technology deliver more torque and power with lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions (meeting the latest Euro 5 emission standards).

Copied from Fords website.

We own a 12 plate focus 1.0 ecoboost with a Econetic technology badge. This means it is on all engines that provide better fuel economy,emissions and cheaper to run overall

On 14/04/2015 at 7:29 PM, Willy said:

My 2013 titanium econetic had normal springs and 17" wheels :p

It gets even more confusing then.   My 2013 titanium ECOboost has 16" wheels.

My (new to me) 2013 titanium 125 with 17" s and full dress up kit has the econetic badge :)

wow people seem to be making this more confusing than it needs to be.

ok so yes, fords badging policy is crap. but pretty sure all the early ecoboosts got slapped with an econetic badge, until they produced an ecoboost badge later in the year (as mentioned above, september 2013)

ive just got an ecoboost zetec s date of reg was 1 sept 2013. and it has an econetic badge, just like my inlaws 1.6 diesel econetic.