Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration While Driving

Daza85

I have had this issue with my focus 2008 1.8 tdci that I get vibration through the drivers seat or floor not through the steering wheel of the gear stick nor the break pedal. I have had the car tracked and balanced twice in the last few days but it's still there. So thought I'd ask about see if anybody has had similar issues or an idea of what it could be.

driveshafts, engine mounts, Dual mass flywheel

i had major vibration issues when the dog mount (gearbox mount) was replaced for a poly one...changed it back to a genuine ford jobbie and all is good again. dont cost much new either from what i remember

Are you having the rears balanced? If its not through the wheel or gearstick it suggests its not something up front to me.

Hi I had the same problem as you I've had the wheels balance 3 times tracking done from ford garage they did say they are all the same all said and done its a ford

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hi all thanks for the replys thought I'd give a lil more detail vibrating is most prominent 70 and above I can dip the cluck at 80mph and shaking is still there. So guess that rules out a large proportion of clutch, fly wheel, gearbox and belts. I have had the car tracked and balanced front and rear adjustments have been made. But still there, I have have the discs/rotors replaced in July last year but front were replaced again due to warping could this cause the car to shake if an issue at the rear or would I feel it through the breaks? Anymore ideas are much appreciated!

I would suggest it was at the rear of the car if not through the steering. You hit any potholes and maybe damaged an alloy? That would give the same chassis vibration. I had the same on the front alloy and swapped to rear so the vibration wasn't through steering until I could replace the wheel.

Rear discs don't often warp as there's so little braking force/heat put through them. But even if they had, it would be felt while braking rather than just cruising so I wouldn't think that's the problem.

Hi just have you toque the wheel up properly with the wheel off the ground

I am only saying this because when my car went for service I had the same as you are having but now it's fine after they tighten all the wheel nuts up

Hi John,

Yea the wheels have been torqued while at the garage I will get a second opinion on the rear balance of the rear wheels. Maybe move rears to front see if steering starts playing up instead?

Does anyone know if the DMF could cause this type of fault? Plus what are the signs of a DMF failing?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club