Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Keyless entry door buttons.

plunder

Hi there,

I have a quick question about the mk7 i have on order...

It will be a frozen white five door model with keyless entry.

I believe that all four doors have a button on and that the back ones will be colour coded white from factory?

The front ones however will be simply black. Is this correct?

I am hoping to get them sprayed white by the dealer if this is the case.

They are already going to spray the 2 outside rear parking sensors for me so im hoping the front

door buttons will be an easy job. This maybe wishful thinking...

Can anybody offer any information on this?

Thank you very much.

Mark.

I thought it was just the driver's side door that has the button,and that pressing that whilst having the keyfob within range unlocked the other doors as well.

I don't have keyless entry but I'm sure I read somewhere on here that this was the case.

I wanted the keyless system, couldn't afford it once I decided I wanted the X Pack fitted for the 17" alloys, but the thought of a black button on the nice squeeze green handles so put me off it I was glad I did not get it - and £400 for a gimic!? . . . .

I'm worried about this too - all doors should have the button, and yes...they're black. I also have a white car on order and think that will look gash. I'll have a chat with my dealer I think - I didn't know they could paint them!

I was not aware they could be painted either as thught they were rubber type buttons where the paint would crack and fall off. Not that I could afford them anyway - especially when you think I went in there to order a 3 dr Zetec in Squeeze and ended up with what I did - HAPPY BOY!

on the 4 door only the front buttons work and these are black.

The rear door buttons are body coloured - not sure why they are there being as they do nowt!

on the 4 door only the front buttons work and these are black.

The rear door buttons are body coloured - not sure why they are there being as they do nowt!

If the rear ones are body coloured I wonder why thy don't do the same on the front doors. Surely it can't be a cost cutting exercise having 50%+ of the buttons in black as opposed to body colour?

sorry, but please - the button is the size of your index finger nail, will it look gash? Will it my !Removed!...

fyi it's smaller and more discreet than the key lock it resides near

A black button on a white handle in white door - looks gash. In the same way black parking sensors look gash.

A black button on a white handle in white door - looks gash. In the same way black parking sensors look gash.

A blind man would like to see it matey

bright !Removed! green won't exactly tone in with the black button :lol: but honestly it is so minuscule and is counter sunk and is discreet to the point where I've had to show some of my mates and colleagues that it's a button... When doing so some of them ask if it's a biometric finger print reader lol

I do agree about the parking sensors tho, but they are bigger proud

Only the front doors have the button, there's no point putting them on the back doors really.

The reason why the back ones are colour coded is probably because they aren't a button, just a blanking piece, therefore it's easier to have them painted as a whole, ie the door handle fully assembled. The front doors, because they have the button installed and therefore electric contacts involved, they are not painted whilst the button is in situ, probably painted without the button and they will be added (the button) at assembly time.

Pretty straight forward when you think of the practicality of building a car.

I have a panther black fiesta, and both the front doors have the key free buttons on the handles in black, but its only a plastic black piece, it does stand out, but im planning to paint it black metallic as my friend in ford knows how to do it some how.

But i have seen on other colours like silver that its a silver plastic piece so maybe its car colour coded but not metallic.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club