Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Tdci 2004 More Cutout Problems All Fixed Now

Dave May

Paul

Why did you bother to buy an EGR valve, an EGR blanking plate was only £3.00 then you could have eliminated any EGR problems.

Dave

Good morning, 

Problem solved car is running new. 

This weekend i connect the Forscan and no errors appear in the dash of the software. 

Only an error in a door lamp.  

In resume:

1- Three weeks ago  i´ve changed the Camshaft Sensor and didn´t work out.

2- Also three ago Put the STP cleaning injectors additive in the fuel (With a full tank)  

3- This weekend I´ve changed the Ais Mass Sensor and the EGR. EGR valve was totally blocked..and also clean all air pipes. 

4- Also did an Hydrogen decarbonization.

Went to the road and "Voilá"!  

A- Didn´t change the Crankshat Sensor. Cause believe me i couldn´t find it beneath the battery area. (?). Beneath the battery i just find a sensor related to the clutch. So it must be wher else. Try find it in manuals and utube but puff... nothing.

B- The Turbo now makes a slight whistle above the 3000 rpm. In other words we can hear the air aspiration. 

I believe it´s because the air circuit it´s totally unblocked and therefor more air flowing and being aspire. 

Now the beauty is running like hell 😉

Example.. With the third gear engaged and under 1500 rpm just simply press the pedal and grab the wheel.. 

So, for the record and others who may encounter something like my MK3 had this is what i´ve done. 

Thank you very much all indeed.

On 4/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, Dave May said:

EGR blanking plate

Hi Dave,

This means eliminate the EGR from the system. Just as if it doenst exist there. 

But i dont feel confortable altering the original system. it´s my mind.. my worries.

Nothing about yours recommendation. 

Big hug

Paul

Good to know you have fixed it.

You have now proved that fitting a BLANKING PLATE for only £3.00 was the quickest and cheapest cure for this fault and car still passes the emission test for the MOT.

Regarding finding the crankshaft sensor you should have followed the info below, it is written in the paragraph right at the top of this topic.

Copy below.    

You might not have removed the Air Cleaner box

Dave

Note: These Crankshaft Position Sensors are difficult to find if you don’t know where to look. Take out the battery and battery box also take out the air cleaner box complete ( 2 minute jobs ). You will find the cable to the sensor behind the silver EGR pipe and the sensor is very easy to change from the top ( not under the car ).
See

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon Dear friends and Dave cause this post yours 😉

But i´m using it as i believe by this way all info on this issue from ours "Mondy" will be agregate. 

Hope you don´t mind dear friend!  If you visit Portugal i´ll be honored to welcome you! 

So, after 2000 kms the car light up AGAIN the "Glow plug light", then it disapear and suddenly light up the "Engine light" in yellow. Fixed in the dashboard and not Blinking as the manual says is a possibility. 

So, Even before the light went on i could manage to perform 600 kms at 60 miles per hour in six gear at no more than 2000 rpm.

I know that if i want i could pressure more speed but i decide to end the travel in a quite mode 😉

Engine working good, like a clock, no oil consumption or water, no temperature above the normal etc. 

Just works fine. Even the Turbo is there. A little bit low but is there! 

I arrived home and of course did the ForScan. Here the results: 

So what do you think might be the issue? 

What would you do? 

Important Note: I bought the MAF Sensor new from from the site "AutoDoc". 

https://www.auto-doc.pt/

Still in the diagnosys as you may see it apears as a mal function..  😞 

All opinions will be very welcome and thankfull. 

Best Regards

Hi Paul
Your test results in last photo shows PO251. That was the fault that I had when driving FAST, it was FUEL STARVATION and in my case was leaking leak back valves inside the injectors, but could also be blocked fuel filter.
Have you tried a leak back test using 4 plastic bottles as stated in my topic at top of  Mondeo forum. “ Mondeo Tdci 2004 Flashing Glowplug and cutting out when overtaking, Fixed now.” It seems to me that you need your injectors repaired by replacing the leak back valves.

My car is a TDCI with injectors that MUST BE fitted in SAME cylinder, some Mondeo’s have a different type of injector but all have leak back valves.
I would also get the EGR blanking plate fitted and find the Crankshaft Sensor to prove your DMF is OK.
Dave

Hi, if you've already replaced the fuel filter, then you COULD have low fuel pressure, but it's quite easy and cheap to do a leak-off test of the injectors. Meanwhile, if you disconnect the electrical connector to the IMV, (on the rear of the pump), and connector up your reader to monitor frp (fuel rail pressure) then disconnect the electrical connectors to the injectors, crank the starter for <30 seconds, you should see a minimum frp of 1000bar if all is good with pump and injectors. If lower then do a leak off test. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club