Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help 1.8Tdci Egr Valve

greim

Have a 1.8 tech and its thrown out the codes to say issue with egr valve. Egr valve cleaner gone in and going to keep driving her any advice or idea on cost to replace

Yep, not an advocate of blanking off but, blank it off, pain in the #### to do and expensive, part of the inlet manifold

ditto on the other 2 posts. plate from the bay costs less than a fiver and you never have to worry about it anymore...

just tried to copy and paste a link with advert in and pics to explain where to put it but my laptop has different ideas..... sorry

just tried to copy and paste a link with advert in and pics to explain where to put it but my laptop has different ideas..... sorry

Please let me know if you manage to get the link pasted. I'm planning on blanking mine off as well. Cheers Marty!

Anyone able to this and what effect would it have on fuel efficiency and emissions

fuel efficiency will go up and well mine has passed mot with it fitted 2 years in a row with well under pass rate numbers

this is what you need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGR-BLANKING-PLATE-FORD-TRANSIT-CONNECT-FORD-MONDEO-FORD-FOCUS-1-8-TDCI-ST-STEEL-/141411733702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20eccbd0c6

to paste links on here, click the toggle switch in l/h corner in the above taskbar and then paste the link in the reply box and voila it works!

I thought it was a Microsoft issue until I discovered this!

• Like 1

wasn't like this before. but was running xp on my pc. now this lappy has windows 8.1 and it takes some getting used to lol

Bought one anyone know of anyone in the Wigan area that will fit it ???

you can all u need is a 10mm spanner I think

loosen off 2 bolts slide it in and re-tighten.... 5 mins max.... that's even for a novice

we've all done it here on the 1.8 tdci, no issues, only improvements :D

• Like 2

So I'll have a very good car as my sport model has the Sony 6cd changer a bluetooth kit installed into the sound system and rear sensors hehehe I'm not very hands on usually so will this be easy for a novice and is it just the black section off the egr that is to be removed and can it be done on a driveway

nothing need to be taken off/removed... just two bolts slacked enough to slide the plate in

pic is to small sorry

It's just the little black section that is removed that causes all the issues? Liking some of your mods would love most of them on my car

if you look where the red circle is. you can just see a serrated metal pipe aback of it a different colour... this is where you put the plate in

any noticeable power gain with egr blank?

not really any power gains, but the pick up is smoother at low rev range, the car doesnt feel like it wants to stall out when moving off

• Like 1

Thats problem ab been getting bit jerky at low revs well for £3.50 of eBay cant go wrong if helps