Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How hard is it to de-badge the MK6?

Raizak

Quick question on how hard it is to de-badge the MK6 Style, really hate the Style & TDCI badges!

Will they leave a mark and what's the method of removing them??

The marks depend on how long they've been on - but anything that's there should be polishable. Autoglym SRP would do the trick.

Getting badges off is dead easy:

1. Warm the badges with a hairdryer to warm the adhesive and make it softer.

2. Get yourself some 'Goo-Gone' adhesive remover, apply to the tops of the badges so that it can run behind the lettering.

3. Dental floss - use it like a saw behind the badges being gentle.

4. Some glue will be left behind, use the Goo-Gone to get it off, or if it's very stubborn try some Autoglym tar remover.

5. Polish the area with a very low cut polish - I use AG SRP.

Cheers mate! Will be getting down to business this week and getting them removed :D

They've been on there since the car was reg'd in July 08 i'd assume :D

When the badges - the adhesive may be a horrible colour. DON'T PANIC, it's normal.

Good luck.

Oh - and here's Goo-Gone...

Goo-Gone on eBay

Thanks for that Dan - I knew the basics but it is alway handy to know the finer details, and about any products to remove the residue - THis is going to be the first job I do on mine when it arrives (assumign I can't get them to do it before I take delivery)

Just ordered Goo-Gone that DanGull suggested! I think cars look so much better when they don't have all those crappy badges (eg mines has Fiesta, Style and TDCI) it's like driving around with a frigin advert on the back. The only one I will keep are the ford ones! ;)

So this will definitly not leave any holes etc? I know some other manufacturers bolt the badgets on (to prevent theft or something i'd assume)

So this will definitly not leave any holes etc? I know some other manufacturers bolt the badgets on (to prevent theft or something i'd assume)

Def no holes left :)

Def no holes left :)

I really appreciate the replies mate, re-assures me :D

Did you use a similar method to the ones posted above?

I used a hair dryer and then some fishing line, using it as a saw but pulling it towards the letters to keep it off the paintwork. I then used autoglym (not sure on the product) to get rid of the residue behind

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club