Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Boot Opening Kit Anyone?

Paramanic

Should put that on ur bonnet.

Bonnet struts are a great upgrade.. one of the first I did. They have enough force as they are though.. I wouldn't feel comfortable having anymore force flying towards my windscreen

Definitely some boot spring addicts in here :).

FYI, I was refunded the second delivery cost when I made my order for two. Nice man :)

• Like 1

Yeah I was talking to him via Google translate lol

Massive apologies for this one and for all the members who have put their purchases in, but i've figured out a MUCH cheaper alternative.

I've just measured the road diameter of the struts on the Fiesta, with a digital caliper - the diameter is just over 8mm. I've managed to find some "Light load die springs" which are 30mm in length, and have a rod diameter (Rod Dia) of 10mm. These have just been purchased for less that £2, for 2 springs (£1.87 to be exact). When fitting them I will be placing a washer each side of the spring, as this will prevent any damage to the struts/ends. I will also fit an O ring on the bottom side of the spring, which will hold the spring into place. I've attached a photo just to give you an idea of the springs in question.

Think i've just saved myself a few quid there ;)

post-62796-0-20942400-1429560568_thumb.j

• Like 2

Glad I'm holding off still until someone gets a purchase and fits it!

• Like 2

Massive apologies for this one and for all the members who have put their purchases in, but i've figured out a MUCH cheaper alternative.

I've just measured the road diameter of the struts on the Fiesta, with a digital caliper - the diameter is just over 8mm. I've managed to find some "Light load die springs" which are 30mm in length, and have a rod diameter (Rod Dia) of 10mm. These have just been purchased for less that £2, for 2 springs (£1.87 to be exact). When fitting them I will be placing a washer each side of the spring, as this will prevent any damage to the struts/ends. I will also fit an O ring on the bottom side of the spring, which will hold the spring into place. I've attached a photo just to give you an idea of the springs in question.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I already knew about this lol but a know a couple ppl that have had problems with normal springs as they dint get boot shut because it's a certain load it needs to take lol

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Have you got a quote?????

i'd love to see the guide for this when its done :) good find

• Like 1

Hi Lee

I was really interested in what Paramanic had to say about the auto boot opener and was about to order the kit until I saw your reply.

Both methods look so simple but your method is cheaper so I'll look forward to further details from you.

I can't help thinking that if you were to replace the telescopic door Rams for a set with just that little bit more force/push, then the tailgate would open right up when you press the remote tailgate button.

Ford could have easily done this during build?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Ford OC

• Like 1

Have you got a quote?????

A quote for what bud?

Woooo Hooooo!

I now have an Automatic Opening Boot, Who's Jealous? I have a guide for it too so I will be uploading that tonight hopefully then I will link it in this post.

Woooo Hooooo!

I now have an Automatic Opening Boot, Who's Jealous? I have a guide for it too so I will be uploading that tonight hopefully then I will link it in this post.

Where did you purchase your spring kit from?

Dammit, wish I never saw this thread. Added to my list now

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

I'm quite tempted by this, it would be cool to open the windows with the key and then the boot lol, great for showing off. Are they easy to remove if you decide you don't like them, and is there any chance of them damaging anything on the car?

I'm quite tempted by this, it would be cool to open the windows with the key and then the boot lol, great for showing off. Are they easy to remove if you decide you don't like them, and is there any chance of them damaging anything on the car?

Naw a don't think so mate as all it is is a spring used as a pressure trigger to give the propulsion to get past the initial stage of opening boot to the pistons can lift the rest :)

Naw a don't think so mate as all it is is a spring used as a pressure trigger to give the propulsion to get past the initial stage of opening boot to the pistons can lift the rest :)

As above, but here's a diagram showing how the springs will work (this is how i'm doing my set-up once I get my springs delivered.

post-62796-0-09404400-1429618545_thumb.j

• Like 2

Hi Lee, when you have successfully concerted you tailgate to auto lift, will you be posting details and prices of where to get the springs from, info on how to install and also what else is required to complete the job?

• Like 1

Hi Lee, when you have successfully concerted you tailgate to auto lift, will you be posting details and prices of where to get the springs from, info on how to install and also what else is required to complete the job?

Absolutley. I always like to share my successful ideas with others.

Thanks Lee, I'll look forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Ford OC

Just recieved my set with recommended post after only 2 days! :Dpost-62177-142986408098_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Lucky you! A started work Wednesday at 10am and finish tomorrow at 8am (saturday) so will find out tomorrow lol

Just recieved my set with recommended post after only 2 days! :Dattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1429864080.105803.jpg

Just out of curiosity what are the sizes of the springs please?

• Inner diameter
  • Outer diameter
  • Free Length (length of spring)

Many thanks

Was that just the standard delivery they offer? Ordered mine a few days ago cant wait :D :P

Yes it was standard delivery. Very easy to install took only 5mins :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club