Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 1.0 Ecoboost Recall

iantt

Got a recall letter for coolant hose replacement and possible pcm update.better take bluefin off first then.lol

Plastic hose can melt, replaced with rubber hose.

Any idea if this only affects certain periods/cars?

Looking in to that now, letter doesnt say

Just put my mum's reg in to ETIS, and it has come up with this in red:

Outstanding Field service Actions

4S615 - FOCUS - 1.0L ECOBOOST - DEGAS HOSE

My Focus MK3 does also have this message in Etis. However I already changed the hose last year to avoid future problems of this known problem.

As far as I know at this time nobody received a letter from Ford in the Netherlands.

Personally I am more curious about the PCM update. Does anybody have more information about this?

I'm taking my car in tomorrow for the new cat (should finally fix my rattle), so I'll ask about this and see what they say as it appears to apply to my mum's car.

My local dealer checked my mum's reg this morning when I dropped my car off and they confirmed there is an outstanding recall applicable to it.

They are ordering the part and will then get her booked in.

Hi Ian,

Can I ask what the date on the letter was please?

thanks

Peter

Mine was built 01-08-14 and nothing showing on ETIS.

Mine will have to go in, any dealer will do this fix?

Mine's November 13. Nothing on Etis for mine

May 28th 2013 mines booked in for Wednesday.

Joining the world of 1.0 Ecoboost tomorrow, ran the reg through Etis and it had the notice, salesman says he's had it checked and it's already been changed to rubber.

• Like 1

Well, I would double check that it has been done.

Cynical?. Me? Never :-)

• Like 1

Well, I would double check that it has been done.

Cynical?. Me? Never :-)

Don't worry about that, it certainly will be, there's no-one more cynical than me :)

• 2 weeks later...

booked mine in for a recall this Friday.

first registered June '12....

is this something to be worried about?...got to make 2 trips to Gatwick Airport this week from east london (~65mls each way)

Hi notfocused,

You need to get this done asap if not done so already. I was one of the 'lucky' unlucky ones - thankfully I was round the corner from home when white smoke started pouring from the engine, no warning light and temp didn't go above half way as normal. Didn't knacker my engine but I was lucky! I hadn't received a recall letter :( . Engine was on 34000 miles and 5 days out of 3yr warranty but it's all been sorted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, had mine checked by Jennings ford a few days ago and they are saying it didn't need changing. Does someone have a pic of the area so I can double check this myself? I'm learning as I go so I'm not sure where exactly it is located. Thanks :)

Mine is having a new engine fitted after keep taking it back to the garage with a coolant leak and them telling me there was nothing wrong with it. Haven't seen my car in 8 weeks!! Won't give me a new car, only had car since end of October :-(

Thanks Alex, I will give it a check tomorrow. Want to know for sure it's been checked. I assume all cars with the old plastic pipe definitely need it replacing with the rubber hose?

As far as I know, that is the case yes.

Although on my mums, the rubber hose connects back on to the expansion/reservoir tank.

The pics give you a good idea of the old and new style pipes though.

Thanks, I will check it tomorrow as I'm working shortly and the Mrs is at work with my car. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club