Do Not Sell My Personal Information

09 Mondeo Parking Sensors

Scoobiedoo79

Looking for some advice.

Had a van go into the back of me at a junction and the parking sensors would stop working now and again with a loud beeping and the button on the dash flashing. This happened a few times and the guy agreed to replace the rear sensors.

Once they were replaced at the ford garage I use it initially fixed the problem but now it happens every time I use reverse. I have switched back to the old sensors and it’s not made any difference.

What I am not sure of is that the sensors are they simple swap out to replace them or do they have to be programed in? I noticed the item numbers for the old and new ones are different but that might not make any difference.

Failing that anyone have any suggestions or advise before I go back to the garage with this one.

Cheers

ScoobieDoo

sounds like a fault on the parking module. Check the wiring going into it is secure.

Hi

I had mine stop working a couple of months back... Was expecting it to be a faulty sensor but was in fact a broken wire going into the sensor connector.... These wires are so thin and nine had just rusted and broke. New loom for rear sensors was £40 and all works ok now.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Cheers for the replys still waiting to get under the car but dont fancy getting drowned at the moment ;)