Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Lumpy Idle.... Until Clutch Is Depressed

Lawis

I've attached a video which hopefully you can hear what I'm talking about.

At 8 seconds is when I press down on the clutch pedal which is when the sound stops, and at 16 I let go of the pedal.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3vkonpotq9i3ai/2015-04-21%2017.46.43.mov?dl=0

Thank's

its most likely the dual mass flywheel if its a diesel, even with the clutch pressed it doesnt sound good

what engine is it?

Ah I knew I hadn't put enough info in!!

1.8 TDCi

120,000 on the clock

As nexus said most likely the DMF sorry to say quite costly to repair? Often feels like the vibration of a misfire but no loss of power

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This is the part you will need. includes a new DMF, Clutch Kit and Slave Cylinder. http://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/luk-7428059.html. Cross reference it with the LUK online catalog to make sure you have the right part number: http://webcat.schaeffler-aftermarket.com/web/schaeffler/en_GB/PKW/36/5210/18935/6/600%200171%2000_479/applicationSearch.xhtml?result=1429649924930&csc=1

Dont get the Sachs one sold on EuroCarparts, i replaced it 20k ago and its making noises on my car already. i will be getting the LUK kit in a few months time myself. The original DMF ford used at the time was LUK

Thanks for the reply Nexus and Jord,

It's been happening for a while, but just much more noticeable recently, what will happen if it's left, will it damage anything else?

Can you guesstimate how many hours labour it would be at a garage?

Thanks

Lewis

They sooner the better really no one can really say but it certainly won't do your car any good and will eventually go, my guess would be at least 6 hours labour at an independent around £40 an hour? Then parts aswell is say your looking at a £500-600 quid bill,

Good luck Lewis!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ah oh dear :/

I'll get a price tomorrow and see what to do next.

Thanks again

Mines thr same but can't afford to get it fixed.

Garage quoted about £650, that's with a LUK kit.

• 1 month later...

Righty ho, bit of an update:

So I got quoted £980 at a garage,

Now the car is worth roughly £2,500-£3,000 if it didn't have thie problem.

I can't sell it privately as it stands as I doubt anyone would want to buy a car that needs a new clutch.

If i do the work, I wouldn't want to keep the car too much longer, perhaps 4-6 Months.

What sort of price would I get part ex?!

I know that's a howlongisapeiceofstring question, but would I get a 'fair' price, or taken to the cleaners :/

Cheers!!

(PS It's now sounding worse)

that link is for the focus mk1 you need the one for the mk2 which i posted, it wouldnt cost you more than 650 if you get it done at a garage, the quote you got is too much

Gottcha, I've sent off for my more quotes this morning, and I still need to pop into another garage who I called to confirm the quote.

I've just still gotta consider my other option of Part Exing it, arrghh aahaha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club