Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had A Little Accident

amyjaj

Had a little accident in my car today. Front bumper is badly scrapped and mysteriously my front pasenger door has a little trouble opening, so new door hopfully and new door handle that works as I was still waiting for it to be fixed.

Had a little accident in my car today. Front bumper is badly scrapped and mysteriously my front pasenger door has a little trouble opening, so new door hopfully and new door handle that works as I was still waiting for it to be fixed.

Sorry to hear that Amy. As long as you are ok?

Sorry to hear that maid,

Had to go out and recover my Grandad's Peugeot 406 on saturday, as he totally wrote it off.

!Removed! French crap

IMG_0114.jpg

It had been classed as my fault. I was coming out of a one way street. I waited at the giveway sign and when it was clear I came out of the juntion. I had nearly finished crossing the road and a car came from my left.

IMG_0114.jpg

It had been classed as my fault. I was coming out of a one way street. I waited at the giveway sign and when it was clear I came out of the juntion. I had nearly finished crossing the road and a car came from my left.

Awww that's a shame Amy.

Ah the car's first scrape. You always remember it.

I'm sure it will come out looking pristene once it's been to a garage :)

It's being collected on wednesday for repair. Getting an adapted courtesy car too hopfully. I can't understand why the door is hard to pull open though as it wasn't touched.

If it knocked the chassis it will be expensive, could just be that it nudged the front wing back onto the door and so they are rubbing

thats what i was trying to say but used complicated words instead! Didnt mean the whole chassis :)

I had a funny feeling I was going to have a little accident anytime soon and it happened.

Luckly it's only costing me £75 excess.

thats what i was trying to say but used complicated words instead! Didnt mean the whole chassis :)

Thats ok I dont do complicated things, I am far to simple for that :)

I had a funny feeling I was going to have a little accident anytime soon and it happened.

Luckly it's only costing me £75 excess.

Hey Amy, im glad the accident was only a minor scrape and that you're alight.

The repair costs seem pretty good after initially seeing damage. Keep us updated.

The trouble is now that you are claiming on your insurance its going to affect you next year, esp as you have only just passed your test and accident has happened in your first year of driving, could you not go through insurance and pay yourself for the damage? although saying that what was the other car like? I take it they are claiming off of you?

Their right front wing was dented.

My car's a motability hire contract vehicle, so I don'y offically own it and it's all done through motability.

Going through insurance isn't always the best idea in small scuff accidents like this. I had someone drive into the back of my car at traffic lights last year, moron was using his phone and not paying attention. Luckily for me he admitted this. went through insurance, not my fault etc etc. Didnt have to pay my excess so all would seem well. However this year my insurance has gone up between £50 and £90 because of it. I argued the point, it went through as a non fault claim, still retain my no claims bonus but it still costs you more. Absolute joke, shoudln't be the case, but it is. Get a theoretical quote from your insurance company for a new policy with this accident included, times that by three (when the recent accident question field usually ends) and see if that is more than a garage repair. It often works out cheaper to do it yourself.

Insurance companies are the devil itself.

Their right front wing was dented.

My car's a motability hire contract vehicle, so I don'y offically own it and it's all done through motability.

Damn same time posting. Your all ok then, claim all you want :lol: just check it doesnt ake your own insurance policy go up for next year

I had an accident 6 months after passing my test, had I stayed with Ford Insurance it put the policy price up around £300. Mine was quite a serious accident though and paying for it wasn't really an option.

It's strange how the insurance works out with Motability. Although my mum and dad a fully comp and are able to drive any car, they are not insured to drive my car.

Oh no :( gutting for you. But to echo others, cars can be mended, at least you're ok!

It's strange how the insurance works out with Motability. Although my mum and dad a fully comp and are able to drive any car, they are not insured to drive my car.

You must be the only named/nominated driver then Amy?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Motability ALWAYS provides the insurance on any vehicle it supplies. The insurance is not purchased separately and you do not have any choice, there is one group policy for all Motability cars.

Under the terms on its policy you should not be held liable for any insurance claims costs and your premium will not increase next year as it is part of the package.

Regarding who can drive a Motability vehicle, its only the persons nominated on the insurance certificate. Should you which to have any one else drive the vehicle then you must get their names on the policy.

All these details, and many more are fully explained on the hand over package.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club