Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternatives To A New Fiesta Titanium X

parv1

Hi All

I need your wisdom and knowledge.

I've had Fiesta's for the last 12 years, all from brand new.

Family and friends are saying 'how about trying something different'.

I'm having a mind meltdown trying to find another vehicle that is similarly priced (£14k) with the spec that im looking at; 1.0 (125ps) Titanium X with bigger alloys, met black, full size spare wheel and full leather.

What other vehicles did you look at before buying your fiesta?

Thanks for your opinions guys.

The seat Ibiza is a very good shout, German made (under Audi and Vw) and they come with ridiculous amounts of extras as standard. Some good deals around at the moment as well

I think the Seat Ibiza is made in Spain but does have a VW group engine. My daughter has a 2011 1.4 petrol turbo with 44000 miles covered. The turbo went recently soon followed by ignition coil failures, total repair costs in the last six months is £1800. VW parts are expensive.

For new small cars the Fiesta Ecoboost is the best on the market I think...can't think of anything else I'd chose for the same price!

Maybe the next gen Fiesta won't be so good and you can go for a change next time lol.

• Like 1

When I was changing my mk7 Zetec s I looked into polo, ibizas, 1 series and sciroccos. But reading reviews they all seem to have faults or didn't rate as well on drivability as the fiestas.

Had no issues with the fiesta and I like the way it handles so decided to have another one aha

I kept thinking the saying "if it's not broke don't fix it"

Audi a1? Not sure what they start at though, think the fiesta is the best out this in its class

Peugeot 208 for me. New ones with the 1.2T engine are meant to be good. Or a used Focus.

For new small cars the Fiesta Ecoboost is the best on the market I think...can't think of anything else I'd chose for the same price!Maybe the next gen Fiesta won't be so good and you can go for a change next time lol.

I've yet to find something that comes even close to the Fiesta's standard specs for the price.

Will check out the Ibiza online and see what a build comes up like.

Have also started looking at a BMW 1 Series Convertible or a 3 Series Hardtop convertible. Both for a budget between £11k-£15k.

Peugeot 208 for me. New ones with the 1.2T engine are meant to be good. Or a used Focus.

Don't like Peugeot vehicles. Had one for a courtesy car. Plastic feel.

• Like 1

For new small cars the Fiesta Ecoboost is the best on the market I think...can't think of anything else I'd chose for the same price!

Maybe the next gen Fiesta won't be so good and you can go for a change next time lol.

I agree, for this size of car you'd probably be spending more for something that's not as good, just because some people think a Fiesta is boring. The Alfa Mito is one example - cool car but get's bad reviews in comparison to the Fiesta.

Alfa's always get bad reviews, the build quality on them are shocking!

Alfa's always get bad reviews, the build quality on them are shocking!

Apart from the 4C, that's my dream car at the moment. I just hope they come down in value over the next few years but I won't keep my hopes up.

Alfas are lovely cars. My mums 147 was more reliable than the Audi that replaced it. (Big mistake getting that!)

And new Peugeots have good interior quality, certainly better than the Fiestas interior.

Alfa Mito is a sweet car, the 1.4T lump is basically the mass produced engine in the 500 Abarths, they get flawless reviews and the residuals on them are pretty high, more so than a Fiesta. however a good one new is about 19K and may as well get the ST, GTI etc.

How about a Cooper S Works? Avoid the old 1 series, poor build quality,

A1's are pretty awesome but huge money for such a small car, they are much smaller than a Fiesta.