What This It?

tomambros

Dear,

As I am new with Ford what doest it mean ? What is it ? see pic

Thanks

post-65053-0-21661500-1430067977_thumb.j

isnt it to do with automatic cars.park reverse neutral drive low gear

Yes I have automatic , but what is it ?

This is the instruction menu of the board computer function. This illustration shows the location of the control buttons on the steering wheel. This image appears if the ignition switch is turned into the first position. in some cases this function can be switched off in the instrument cluster settings menu.

• Like 1

As mentioned, it is showing you how to access the On Board Computer, giving you details on mpg, temperature, how much fuel is left, etc. the gears numbers above this just show which gear is selected on the auto box, saves looking at the gears themselves

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

I know is it computer, but what is the diagram like a roundabout lol

It is a picture of steering wheel with the location of the controls highlighted (the arrows). Look at your steering wheel, the buttons should be located in that area of the wheel.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

On the later firmware versions of the instrument cluster this menu/illustration is no longer present. Possibly Ford removed it because it raises a lot of questions because many peaople do not recognise the steering wheel on the illustration.

Originally my car did also have this menu/illustration. After updating to the latest available firmware version (to be able to activate the ST menu/functions of the standard instrument cluster) this menu/illustration is no longer present.

This is pretty much what the picture is trying to show you OP, you will note that on my Focus the menu controls are on the indicator stalk. Hopefully this shows what it is.

IMG_0682_zpsxnxtnlwl.jpg

Ok

Understand now :)

Thank you for help

Where can I find how to update firmware?

Thanks

:mellow: I'm not being funny or anything but do you really want to start messing with the firmware, maybe you should get to know your car a little better before messing with stuff like that,

Dealer only really to get it updated or someone with a computer to hook into it. But not worth it as it can cause more damage then sense

The firmware of most modules of the Focus MK3 can be updated with a modified ELM327 interface and the FoCCCus software. However you should only do this if you know exactly what you are doing. If not updating the firmware can be very risky. If something goes wrong during the update proces or if you have the wrong firmware file the module can be bricked very easily.

Personally I took the risk and updated the instrument cluster several times using my modified ELM327 interface and the FoCCCus program. However in my case there is not much risk involved. I own a spare instrument cluster which I can install if the other one becomes bricked for some reason. Next to this I also have other tools and diagnostic systems to recover a bricked module.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club