Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STEREO UPDATE!

hammie

My iPhone doesn't play I don't think? It will play automatically if I select the iPod. And this is a fault of Apple's, not Fords. Apple are pretty notorious for, shall we say, lacking in the bluetooth department, I think it was a year or two before it had any kind of BT streaming? The option to stop the iPod playing needs to be on the phone, not the stereo.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slappyhaze

• TurboZutek

• 10corsham

• irononreverse

My iPhone doesn't play I don't think? It will play automatically if I select the iPod. And this is a fault of Apple's, not Fords. Apple are pretty notorious for, shall we say, lacking in the bluetooth department, I think it was a year or two before it had any kind of BT streaming? The option to stop the iPod playing needs to be on the phone, not the stereo.

Well i get in my car wait and straight away press AUX for my USB which comes up first then the phone starts playing, I had an inkling it would be Apple failing me, its annoying cause the BT Audio kills the battery, i'll post if i find a fix :rolleyes:

I find that once I have plugged the iPhone in, I have to open the iPod app touch where it says "Ford audio BT" (or something similar) and it brings up an option box to choose to play music via USB or BT.

Once I've chosen USB it stops transmitting via BT unless I cycle through inputs on the car stereo back to BT

I'm guessing that this may not work for those without USB that use aux instead

A belated update:

It seems I can only take my car back to the dealer between 08:30 and 15:30 to get the electrician to look at it. And weekends are out of the question. I work 08:00 - 16:00 Mon-Fri and about 20 miles from the dealer!!! Not Possible ^_^

I explained this to the service receptionist and she found the electrician for me to speak on the phone to. This guy seemed to understand my plight a little more than the others I spoke to, but still couldn't help me.

He pointed me in the direction of Customer Relations, but I haven't spoke to them cos I know they'll be of little help too. I guess I'm stuck with this niggle, as it's not really bad just annoying knowing it's not perfect. However now I've had a week to play with the update, the worst part of this auto connecting to my phone's media player is that it seems to always be trying to connect:

-I get in the car with my phone's bluetooth turned on and Ford Audio as an approved device

-The car and phone find each other and the blue 'Bluetooth' symbol on the main display comes on, the hands free symbol appears on my phone with the 'Ford Audio Connected' message

-About 10 seconds later the phone's media player activates but silence from both car stereo and phone speaker

-[WHILE NOT DRIVING] I cancel the media player and return it to its home screen

-I go looking through the contacts list to find the person I want to call

-I get half way through (~10 seconds again) and the media player is back

-Repeat!

Not really bad as I say, I would just like the option to stop BT Audio streaming.

Hi There first post here...

Just an observation and you may already know this but does your phone allow you to only activate one of the profiles as to me it sounds as if you have 2 profiles (HF Profile, bluetooth Stereo Audio A2DP) activated and they are conflicting..

Have this with a Parrott Kit fitted in my focus...

Just an idea ;-)

• 1 month later...

And again with the bump...

I've managed to get my car back to Ford about this BT Audio issue. While there I got chatting to the 'technician' (Nice chap called Mark at OMC Oldham) about cars and computers in general, and we seemed to understand each other - which really helps.

Anyway, he hooked the car up to his computer and updated the BT module, and so now I have the 'BT Audio' option on screen... *FANFARE* :P

But (isn't there always a but), it doesn't give me the option I wanted to turn of auto streaming. I still have the afore mentioned problem (post 49) with my Samsung U800. The thing is I now have access to a O2 XDA Zest and that works perfectly.

Ford ruled out, on to Samsung to see where the issue lies - the plot thickens...

Hi There to all of you who have been contributing to this thread. Because there hadn't been a recent new message I didn't realise this topic existed when I posted the thread entitled "Usb Memory Stick Usb Problems" this morning. Could I possibly ask you all to have a quick look at this thread, which is on a very similar subject, although not about bluetooth streaming, but about my (and one or two other owners) problems trying to play .mp3 music files off a flash memory stick, when the audio system often fails to recognise the stick whenever it is inserted into the USB port.

Would very much appreciate all useful suggestions to show to my dealer. Many thanks in advance.

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Been very interested in this thread, I have an iPhone 3GS and bluetooth module fitted in my fiesta (no USB).

Now I cant see any options other than the AUX on my stereo, obviously it has the phone option with bluetooth on and off.

If I can actually stream music via bluetooth audio how can I do this or would a firmware update be required.........

or is it just not possible with my car?

So just to be clear, their is now a confirmed update that will add working BT streaming?

Well, as I had bluetooth handsfree and USB already, I only added the streaming. I don't know if you are missing one or both of these that you can add streaming (My bluetooth module - which is separate to the rest of the stereo - was updated on my last visit). I'm also not sure this is 'confirmed' by Ford, but as I was chatting to the Tech Guy, he seemed interested himself to see what was possible :lol:

Been very interested in this thread, I have an iPhone 3GS and Bluetooth module fitted in my fiesta (no USB).

Now I cant see any options other than the AUX on my stereo, obviously it has the phone option with bluetooth on and off.

If I can actually stream music via bluetooth audio how can I do this or would a firmware update be required.........

or is it just not possible with my car?

If I may refer you to post #41 of this thread, I was informed of how to find the options. If the info in this post is not what you see, and you already have bluetooth handsfree and USB, have a word with your dealer about updating BOTH the stereo & bluetooth module.

Well, as I had Bluetooth handsfree and USB already, I only added the streaming. I don't know if you are missing one or both of these that you can add streaming (My bluetooth module - which is separate to the rest of the stereo - was updated on my last visit). I'm also not sure this is 'confirmed' by Ford, but as I was chatting to the Tech Guy, he seemed interested himself to see what was possible :lol:

Cool, cheers!

Only have the BT handsfree, but my problem is I can't have the phone connected to the handsfree and be able to hear tomtom talk (as it sends it to the radio but can't hear it). If I turn off the 'Wireless Stereo' in the phone, it breaks the handsfree. I assume that Ford did not implement BT properly here.

Will have to get them to look at it while it is in for a service.

Would be interested to hear how you did it and if it worked.

plz

• 2 weeks later...

Well just had it back from Ford, "no blue tooth update available". But Ford apparently release updates for it quite often I was told. But none at all since now and last July? I really do hate having to deal with these people...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club