Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Problems With My New Fiesta

Gb270_calum

Afternoon all, am new on hear so go easy please haha

Bought a fiesta zetec s 2010 from a local ford dealer but noticed to faults, looking for advice please.

First is when I leave my lights on and turn off the car and open the door there is no chime sound, I have looked in the menu and the chimes are on. Any idea what would cause this?

Second is I can't seem to get music to come through the Speakers. If I plug my iPhone in it connects to the car, the track starts to play but no sound, also does the same if I try and play it through bluetooth. Any ideas? Does an update need done to the CD player? Radio works fine.

Car has 2 years warranty but just wondered if there's anything I can try before I book it in to the garage.

Thanks

Afternoon all, am new on hear so go easy please haha

Bought a fiesta zetec s 2010 from a local ford dealer but noticed to faults, looking for advice please.

First is when I leave my lights on and turn off the car and open the door there is no chime sound, I have looked in the menu and the chimes are on. Any idea what would cause this?

Second is I can't seem to get music to come through the speakers. If I plug my iPhone in it connects to the car, the track starts to play but no sound, also does the same if I try and play it through Bluetooth. Any ideas? Does an update need done to the CD player? Radio works fine.

Car has 2 years warranty but just wondered if there's anything I can try before I book it in to the garage.

Thanks

Possibly a fuse gone somewhere, a loose connection on the back or the radio or a faulty radio.. could be other things too.. I'm sure somebody else will add them :)

Just book it into the garage. Messing around with the car with no experience or idea means you're more likely to screw things up. Then guess who will refuse to fix any problems under warrantee?

• Like 1

I had issues when I had my 2010 Zetec s with the radios bluetooth not working correctly, there is an update you can do with the USB port and download from ford but I never bothered with it..with the radio not playing the song/no sound when the phones plugged in. How have you plugged the phone in? As I only found the music would play via a aux cable and not the usb?

• Like 1

Yup that's the same issues I am having joe, I have the iPhone connected via usb, it charges the phone and it comes up on the display the track playing just no sound, same with the bluetooth. Have read about doing the update yourself but can't seem to find it anywhere online.

If you plug it in via the usb and aux it will charge your phone and play the music :), also should be able to use your steering wheel controls then aswell. Or if you're not fussed about charging your phone just use the aux port & cable

It's into ford on Tuesday hopefully an update sorts the CD player. Fingers crossed they can get the chime to work too