Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Obd Port

Ford_Man

Hi all,

Was reading on the fiesta forum removing fuse 19 will disable the obd port.

Anybody know which fuse it is on the Focus, it will be a brand new eg Facelift 2015.

Thanks in advance

Ross

It will be dependent on which fuses are listed in the cars handbook tbh.

I'll dig out my handbook when I get to my car later and have a browse for you.

Ah if you could Clive that would be absolutely amazing!

According to my Owners Manual ( Version CG3630en ) the fuse layout (Page 195) states it is fuse 73 (Footwell board) it's a brown 7.5A one and is located at the bottom slot in the second row from the left.

It is labelled in the Manual as "Data Link Connector".

Thanks mate

• Like 1

Does the mk2.5 2007/2011 st have a fuse for the obd port stoney please? :)

Yes it does but it's shared with the instrument cluster.

If you pull the fuse you won't be able to start the car.

Can I just ask why you would want to do this please?

Ok thanks stoney worth a try :)

Wayne Im not its just with people with rs/st's thought they could of took it out. could of been another way to stop future rs/st from getting nicked :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok thanks stoney worth a try :)

Wayne Im not its just with people with rs/st's thought they could of took it out. could of been another way to stop future rs/st from getting nicked :)

Looks like the same fuse for my 'non-RS/ST' Tit X that I'd still like to keep too! :unsure:

Can I just ask why you would want to do this please?

It prevents thiefs from plugging into the OBD port and starting the car without a key

If they wanted to replace the fuse they would have to enter the car and set off the alarm

• Like 1

It prevents thiefs from plugging into the OBD port and starting the car without a key

If they wanted to replace the fuse they would have to enter the car and set off the alarm

They would have to enter the car anyway to use the OBD port!:)

They would have to enter the car anyway to use the OBD port!:)

The modern fiestas have a small window which they smash which isn't covered by the alarm, does the focus?

Either way. Its another level of protection against theft

The Focus doesnt have the small window as thats where the door mirror is mounted. Bit of a design flaw then eh if scum bags can reach the OBD port through that little window. Suprised it doesnt set the alarm off though with the interior sensors active.

• Like 1

The Focus doesnt have the small window as thats where the door mirror is mounted. Bit of a design flaw then eh if scum bags can reach the OBD port through that little window. Suprised it doesnt set the alarm off though with the interior sensors active.

Ah fair enough & it's a blind spot of the alarm, daft as it sounds

Removing the fuse may prevent the 12v supply being active to the port, but does it actually prevent communication if they were to power their dongles some other way?

Removing the fuse may prevent the 12v supply being active to the port, but does it actually prevent communication if they were to power their dongles some other way?

That is the $64,000 question.

If we can get someone to plug in an elm cable without the obd fuse and test the connectivity we'll have a reasonably firm answer.

• Like 1

There's a big discussion going on about this currently, on the thread "my beloved car stolen 16th may" :)

I am yet to be convinced that access to the O.B.D. port in MK7.5 Fiesta is physically possible through the O/S quarter window.

I am yet to be convinced that access to the O.B.D. port in MK7.5 Fiesta is physically possible through the O/S quarter window.

Could use a litter picker or some similar device ;) aha

Could use a litter picker or some similar device ;) aha

Nope . . these evil barstewards just cave the main O/S window in, ignore the alarm & hazards & within a minute are driving away.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club