Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk 3 tdci 130 vibration over front left and centre

tdci stevie

Only owned for few weeks now, came over from vauxhall diesel, since had it in july it has had a full service, and flew through M.O.T.

Found the tensioner pulley / crankshaft pulley makes a noise, worse when cold, and quitens if you raise the revs, which i will deal with when some more funds come in.

The problem im having at moment is that if im driving along say in any gear but doing under 2000 rpm it has an anoyiny vibration coming around the front left quarter of the vechile, only happens when driving in these conditions and at any speed say 5th gear under 2000 rpm or 2nd gear under 2000rpm, if i floor it around all the doesnt happen.....?

Any suggestions where i should be looking would be great...?

It wouldnt be related to my tensioner pulley problems would it...?

Only owned for few weeks now, came over from vauxhall diesel, since had it in july it has had a full service, and flew through M.O.T.

Found the tensioner pulley / crankshaft pulley makes a noise, worse when cold, and quitens if you raise the revs, which i will deal with when some more funds come in.

The problem im having at moment is that if im driving along say in any gear but doing under 2000 rpm it has an anoyiny vibration coming around the front left quarter of the vechile, only happens when driving in these conditions and at any speed say 5th gear under 2000 rpm or 2nd gear under 2000rpm, if i floor it around all the doesnt happen.....?

Ive been doing a little digging on this and there is a post somewhere that mentions an intake hitting a front cross member that causes the vibration - one or two have stuffed this area with foam and noticed improvements

Check here: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/743648/

Cheers mate will inspect this over next couple of days and will let know of findings

As already stated it is the intercooler pipe vibrating on the lower cross member.

You can get to by driving up a high curb. Raising the passenger side.

Just put some foam or even an old rag between the pipe and the metal bar (cross member)

You can get an uprated bracket from ford but its not worth it when a bit of foam is cheaper.

Seriously it works.

Very common problem.

Just stuffed the GAP with old rag and some rubber and it works a treat car driving as it should..... :rolleyes:

Thanks to the 2 replys...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club