Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wing Mirrors

maxx31

hi all

Has any one notice that on the older fusions the wing mirrors are a bit small than on the the newer

shape ...

i only notice this at the weekend as my wife picked up her new car a 2010 tdci fusion and the mirrors are massive compared to my 54 plate .

i now thinking of swopping mine for some of these bigger mirrors but would they fit ?

and now i see power folding mirrors on eBay and oooo got me thinking if they would fit

im guessing it would be down to if the wiring loom is the same across all the models

any throughs ???????

cheers

chris

My dad had a 59 plate fusion & he bought a 12 plate fusion last week & we noticed that the mirrors were larger - he actually admitted that he can see behind the car a lot better now. I have to agree with him (I drive his car quite a bit).

Yeah, I raised the issue of small mirrors back last year:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63094-do-you-think-the-fusion-wing-mirrors-are-a-bit-small/

I hadn't realised that new models have larger mirrors. Does anyone know when the change happened? Having a look round a car park, I think they made the same change on the Mk6 fiesta too?

Haynes says from 10/2005 the mirrors have two mounting bolts rather than one - so perhaps that's when it happened around the time of the facelift?

The change in mounting may prevent retro-fitting the larger ones?

I'd do it like a shot if I knew for sure it was possible.

fusionfan2, they changed them in 2010. We didn't realise they had changed the size of the mirrors until I was driving it home - my mum actually noticed it, but I hadn't & I took it on the test drive.

Cheers for the replies

I also looked in the heynes book

And it said after 2005

Might whip the inside cover off both cars and take a few pics before I buy a pair.

I'm hoping the extra screw hole is already there

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club