Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xxxupdate On Something Has Popped Xxxx

Focus57

First of all I would like to thank all those that replied to my original posting...Cheers Guys !

Unfourtunatley it was bad news as my Turbo had blown to bits that was the small explosion i heard under the bonnet. Been quoted £400 for rec con fitted by my mechanic..... is this a good price ???

Should I expect any furthe problems in the near future ??? Is their any protective action I should take apart from regular oil Changes ??

Presently have a Skoda Octavia 1.6 tdci until tommorow if any1 wants to know what is like feel free to ask ??

All I can say is I wont be rushing out to buy 1

Hi David. Sorry to hear the worst has happened!! Any chance of a reg number my friend...I work at a Motor Factors and some of these Turbo's can be problematic, depending on size engine and year!!

Let me know the Reg,

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris what do you need the reg for pal ??

Cheers

Dave

Hi, well i was going to put it into the Reg look up we use at work to find out your engine size, but I found your earlier post where you said it was a 1.8. These seem okay as far as I can see, whereas the 1.6 version gives a lot of hassle. To the point where we don't even sell them anymore because of ''premature failure''.

Nothing sinister mate I assure you...

Hope you get it sorted...

Cheers,

Chris

to be fair, theres nothing wrong with the GT15V in the 110hp 1.6 TDCI

Unfortunately the same cant be said for the thing its attached too.

400 is that just for the turbo unit or job in total . the sump has to be cleaned out intercooler all pipe work you will also find out that unless you replace all the associated pipe work a lot of company's who sell them will not honour any warranty unless you can prove all this was carried out so when you see 400 seems reasonable but if you carried out all the above with the extras involved could work out a lot more expensive .specially if it's just slapped straight on without cleaning stuff out just for it to blow again shortly afterwards

Not wanting to sound negative but once a turbo blows and sends all the debri everywhere if it's not done properly your just wasting your money .

Sorry to hear the bad news m8 :( listen to wot steads said cos £400 could turn to £miiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiooooooonnnnns, (it might as well be) if you don't do it properly, make sure you flush and clean everything, Good luck m8 let us know how you get on

First of all I would like to thank all those that replied to my original posting...Cheers Guys !

Unfourtunatley it was bad news as my Turbo had blown to bits that was the small explosion i heard under the bonnet. Been quoted £400 for rec con fitted by my mechanic..... is this a good price ???

Should I expect any furthe problems in the near future ??? Is their any protective action I should take apart from regular Oil Changes ??

Presently have a Skoda Octavia 1.6 tdci until tommorow if any1 wants to know what is like feel free to ask ??

All I can say is I wont be rushing out to buy 1

Ah no, that's not good. :(

Must admit I can't remember the last time I read about a 1.8TDCi breaking a turbo, let alone saw one. It's not common on them, so I'd definitely want further diagnostics done to find the cause.

to be fair, theres nothing wrong with the GT15V in the 110hp 1.6 TDCI

Unfortunately the same cant be said for the thing its attached too.

There is....it's far too small, GT17v would've been much better suited imo...

But you are right in that the turbo isn't actually the weak point on the engine, it just gets all the abuse lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club