Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n Filter

Randoms

Wont be noticeable

Sounds good, but no notable power increase.

The truth is you'll likely lose power from heat soak even with a cold air feed added other than make a noise these kits are useless as it says it will increase power by about 2bhp but as the engine heats up and under bonnet temps increase you'll find sitting in traffic that theres no go in it till you can get moving quick

They do sound cool but you will find yourself refueling more often as you cant help putting your foot down to hear that induction roar!

• Like 1

The truth is you'll likely lose power from heat soak even with a cold air feed added other than make a noise these kits are useless as it says it will increase power by about 2bhp but as the engine heats up and under bonnet temps increase you'll find sitting in traffic that theres no go in it till you can get moving quick

I've never noticed any downsides in the way of heat soak with K&N kits I've had on any of my cars.

Did fabricate an extra heatshield for one of my ST170 kits which noticeably reduced the temperatures around the filter but couldn't say performance changed in any way, for better or worse.

wont make any difference, and for that price thats a lot of normal filters before it becomes cost effective to have 1 reuseable filter

Thank you all for the comments, think I'll give it a miss & just stick with the bog standard filters. 😊

Thank you all for the comments, think I'll give it a miss & just stick with the bog standard filters.

There's a thread by lenny recommending a green cotton one which is reusable. Nothing but top marks from everyone who has used it. And it bright green! How awesome. Supposed to be better than others by the way its layered

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club