Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KA drivers door

focusfogey

'evenin all.

- Have a problem which hopefully someone will have solved.

I have a Ford Ka X reg where the drivers door latch wont work. The external door latch just moves with no resistance, and the interior drivers door latch moves with a grating noise. However, neither will open the door, which remains firmly shut.

I have removed the door card, and can see a white plastic box into which the cable form the interior door latch goes into at about the right height for the locking mechanism. I can also see the black plastic cover over the external door latch. How can I get the door open to fix this problem ?

Thanks once again

'evenin all.

- Have a problem which hopefully someone will have solved.

I have a Ford Ka X reg where the drivers door latch wont work. The external door latch just moves with no resistance, and the interior drivers door latch moves with a grating noise. However, neither will open the door, which remains firmly shut.

I have removed the door card, and can see a white plastic box into which the cable form the interior door latch goes into at about the right height for the locking mechanism. I can also see the black plastic cover over the external door latch. How can I get the door open to fix this problem ?

Thanks once again

the reason you can,t open the door is proably a broken spring on the latch quite common. the spring tensions the door handle rod what you need to do is to cut a large hole in the black 'metal 'security cover which covers the rods push up the handle rod manually and that should release the latch. not easy.the security cover is held on by 2 pop rivets which go in on the side of the door thats why you need to cut a hole you will probably find the broken spring in the bottom of the door,colin