Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AS level results day

Michael P

Awww fella - shame - mind you, you do not sound that gutted (or you just good at hiding it?)

to be honest i have realised that all these exams are not the be end and end all. they will prevent you from what you want to do in the long run but they are not the end of the world, if i screw up then there are always other things that i can do

i have a plan of what i want to do which means i will drop psychology ( the U subject ) and do food tech next year as an AS level along with my two A2 subjects and then after next year i will continue to finish food tech as an A2 subject and then hopefully after that i will be able to get to university

one benefit of being realistic about your grades is that there is plenty of time to get a back up plan as i have done :)

Good for you Michael - I like people like you who are not all about 'making it' and end up living their life alwaya striving for bigger and better. We have got friends like that and they never seem happy with what they have got (which I would have to say is a damned site more than me but I reckon I am the happier person)

BE HAPPY!

Michael I like your attitude! Very sensible young man and you will go far.

My daughters did pass but one is going to Uni and one isnt. The grades werent high enough to be accepted so she is going to do a gap year and re-take the exams to get the higher grades. She is also doing Psychology and did well in that (although she has had like 3 different teachers and multiple substitute teachers for that course!) I think she knew she might not have done so well and was gearing up in her mind for failure of some sort.

I think they are both going out tonight to celebrate/commiserate with their friends. Ah what it is to be young and free :lol:

Good for you Michael, you have a plan!

i am quite mature for a 17 year old!

i celebrated by sitting on a till for four hours pretending to be happy, i know how to live.

i have my plan so from here whatever will be, will be

people take exams and the results far too seriously, like if they don't get the grade then they will be left on the street and noone will go near them again

its just a bunch of letters and numbers which can make you do things in life, if they don't match up and the letters and numbers aren't good then there is always something else that can replace it, either way there will be something :)

and if it any consolation, my car has now been built!! LOL

and if it any consolation, my car has now been built!! LOL

Allegedly :lol:

Just gotta get it over here and take delivery of it . .

if its not here by the time i get off my holiday i will stop off on the way back and sort 'em out

I didn't to too well in my AS Levels - C,D,E. Ended up dropping the E (Oddly enough, Psychology) and coming away with two C's at A-Level. To be honest, I didn't know what I wanted to do at the time. I think too much pressure if put on people at that ages. There's so much subconcious dictation that states you must get good grades, you must go to University.

Anyway, I opted not go to University at that age and do a random course.

I'm now 24 and starting University on a Software Engineering degree in September. I couldn't be happier.

i've just got to get my english nailed and then hopefully ill get a c in that next year

education is a !Removed!...

i've just got to get my english nailed and then hopefully ill get a c in that next year

education is a !Removed!...

At least you got 2 "D" passes--could have been a lot worse eh?

If you don't perform well in exams why not try a course at a technical college as some measure you by continuous assessment which I feel is a fairer method as it's very easy to stress and panic in an exam.

In this way your future is determined over all your training rather than just a couple of hours.

Anyway, working at Sainsburys isn't all bad; remember some of the country's finest business men had humble beginnings.

A degree at a university won't guarantee you a glowing future; in fact nowadays it won't even guarantee you a job, so think positively as you are probably better off than a lot of other people.

So, chin up young man, things could be a whole lot worse! ;)

i want to get into teaching which doesn't have any other entrance routes other than going to university to do some type of course

we shall see what happened over the next couple of years...

i want to get into teaching which doesn't have any other entrance routes other than going to university to do some type of course

we shall see what happened over the next couple of years...

Have you looked up the Foundation Degree in Learning and Teaching? It's a course at most uni's but there is a good course description on the University of Northampton website. Perhaps something to think about alongside the other things you want to do?

i shall look into it :)

aghh getting around in the car today won't be fun

i have the misfortune of living about a 15 minute drive away from where the V festival is being held in weston park so it shall be veeeeeeeeeery busy

I hated the majority of my time at school and left at the first opportunity I could. That was at Easter time - meaning I didn't take any exams!

I was in a few of the top classes for several subjects too. The headmaster contacted my parents personally to say he was very disappointed I was leaving early without sitting my exams - and my mum & dad were both gutted & annoyed with me too. But I didn't care - I wanted to leave asap and do what I always wanted to do - and that was to see the world.

Due to having polio when I was very young - I couldn't join the Royal Navy and follow in my dad's footsteps as they wouldn't accept me. So I did the next best thing and joined NAAFI (Navy, Army, Air Force Institutes). For those unfamiliar; onboard every British warship - aircraft carrier, destroyer, frigate, etc - is a shop as well as stores for tobacco, beer, wines/spirits, etc. You are a civilian onboard but are responsible for all these stores.

So - eveywhere the ship went - I went! I travelled the world for 12 years & had the time of my life! It's a great life when you're young, single & free.

The point of my post being; you don't always need exam qualifications in life to do what you really want to do. Just go for it.

Good luck in whatever you choose Michael.

I think there is so much pressure on people to do exams when there are plenty of other routes to take in life :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club