• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

WES180

Possible Mk3 Boot Leak?

Thanks very much for that information. I feel its the rear lights myself but there is piles of silicone on it but it still leaks. Next fine day I will strip it down again and give it another go. 

On 1/7/2018 at 2:46 PM, beanoil said:

I'm a new member from the USA. I own a USA-spec 2016 Ford Focus Electric (FFE). I joined so that I could let you know that FFEs suffer from the same problem. Unfortunately, the consequences of boot leaks are far greater for the FFE. Instead of a spare tire and jack, FFEs store a compressor and charger in the lowest well of the boot. When I discovered the leak, my factory tire inflation compressor and Level 1 charger were both submerged in ~6 inches of water. I'm afraid to plug either in since they were almost completely waterlogged.

This problem needs to result in a recall. I hope representatives from Ford read this thread and do the right thing.

UPDATE: The US Ford dealer that I bought the car from was able to fix the leak under warranty. The service manager told me that the spoiler was the cause. They resealed it to the hatch and everything is bone dry now.

Thanks for the posts Wez180. Just had  exactly the same issue on my 11 plate Focus. Taken off bumper and lights then sealed the vents today. Hopefully problem solved! 

How long does original ford warranty last? 

1 minute ago, Phil21185 said:

50 yards.

Ah, so they've increased their warranty length then? :whip: