WES180

Possible Mk3 Boot Leak?

Well it's done. The side vents were tight and appeared well sealed, but the 2 larger rear seals were loose and grimey when checked. Once removed, both cavities had water in them. So he cleaned it all out, dried it up, and sealed all 4 vents back up with sealer. He checked the light seals and they were all good. Finally, he washed and valeted all of the carpet in the car. So its like new. Hopefully it will keep the water out. 

49 minutes ago, reilig said:

Well it's done. The side vents were tight and appeared well sealed, but the 2 larger rear seals were loose and grimey when checked. Once removed, both cavities had water in them. So he cleaned it all out, dried it up, and sealed all 4 vents back up with sealer. He checked the light seals and they were all good. Finally, he washed and valeted all of the carpet in the car. So its like new. Hopefully it will keep the water out. 

hopefully that should sort it out  

2 hours ago, reilig said:

I'm glad he had the common sense to seal all 4 while it was stripped down, it's amazing how many people would've only sealed the one that showed signs of leaking! Hopefully that's the problem sorted for you now!🙂

4 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I'm glad he had the common sense to seal all 4 while it was stripped down, it's amazing how many people would've only sealed the one that showed signs of leaking! Hopefully that's the problem sorted for you now!🙂

Do you know what? He didn't have the common sense to seal all 4. I just per chance arrived back as he was about to put the bumper back on and I asked if he sealed all 4 and he said that he only did 2 because the 2 smaller ones had a good seal. He wasn't too impressed when I demanded that he take out the 2 smaller vents and seal them too before putting back on the bumper. 

1 hour ago, reilig said:

Do you know what? He didn't have the common sense to seal all 4. I just per chance arrived back as he was about to put the bumper back on and I asked if he sealed all 4 and he said that he only did 2 because the 2 smaller ones had a good seal. He wasn't too impressed when I demanded that he take out the 2 smaller vents and seal them too before putting back on the bumper. 

Typical, good job you got there then! It would probably have been a matter of time before the others leaked too.