Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello, A Weird Request

Minikar

Hello guys. I'm thinking of getting a Fiesta and I have a strange request if anyone would help me.

I need to know if it will fit on our drive way, so I would be reversing up until the point I can open the front door as there is a wall. So I wanted to know the measurement from the edge of the drivers door (near b pillar) to the front of the car.

I hope this makes sense to you all, now I know there are differences depending on if it's a 3 or 5 door, I would ideally like a 3 door but I'm finding those hard to find so it may be a 5 door. So both measurements would be useful.

This isn't a deal breaker as I'm really loving the fiestas but it's just a case of whether we need to take more of our front hedge out :-)

Thanks in advance, any help would be very much appreciated.

Karen

Based on those pictures and dimensions the distance from the front of the car to the end of the door would be 2555mm and 2325 for the 3 and 5 door respectively.

Thanks for that. I have looked at the dimensions on line but it didn't give me the measurements I wanted. But I guess it might give me a fair idea. I could try measuring a car but I might look a bit strange doing that! :-)

Thanks guys

I have only just come across this forum so hopefully I will be on it more if I eventually find the car I want. It has to be a automatic due to a shoulder problem but I'm still deciding on the model and engine, whether to get an ecoboost or not.

Cheers

Karen

I'd suggest popping down to your nearest dealer and have a couple of test drives via your house and try it out for size!

• Like 1

I'd suggest popping down to your nearest dealer and have a couple of test drives via your house and try it out for size!

Lol. The nearest dealer is about a 20 minute drive away, They'll wonder where I'm driving to, it would also look strange if I then start reversing in my driveway!

I see you have an ST, how are you finding that? I love the look of those and I would like one but I'm trying to get away from hard suspension. I might just have a dress up kit put on :-)

Thanks for the other replies guys.

Mmm, you have a point there Karen, it would look a bit odd but if you explained the situation to the dealer, I'm sure they'd try to help you - after all, they have an interest in selling you a car. You are under no obligation to buy!

I love the ST! It's probably a bit of a (late) mid-life crisis purchase and is certainly a firmer ride than the Focus Titanium X that it replaces. It goes like stink and is almost impossible to get unstuck in a corner and it's all the more enjoyable (and tractable) thanks to the no brainer Mountune option. Economy, even driven with some enthusiasm, averages about 37mpg which is better than I was expecting.

Good luck with your search.

You might be able to find a dealer that would let you do a 24 hour test drive or something like that where you can drive the car by yourself. Hopefully it will fit, and to be honest if you can't fit a Fiesta in your driveway then it must be incredibly small lol.

You might be able to find a dealer that would let you do a 24 hour test drive or something like that where you can drive the car by yourself. Hopefully it will fit, and to be honest if you can't fit a Fiesta in your driveway then it must be incredibly small lol.

Hi, do dealers do that then? Is that free of charge?

Sorry I haven't really explained it very well, it would fit on the drive no problem but it has to have enough clearance in front for another vehicle to get in. So I would be reversing up against the side of the house up until I can open the drivers door open (so I can get out) and then have enough room in front for my boyfriends car can get in.

I currently own a Mini and he misses the front of my car no problem, even if it does turn out to be that bit longer then we can always take some more of our hedge out, needs must went you want a new car :-)

Thanks for that Phil, I see you also have an ST, they are stunning looking and I am so tempted but I do want a smoother ride than I currently have and I'm guessing the ST's are a bumpy ride.

^ I'm not sure which dealers will do a 24 hour test drive, I just remember seeing adverts about them, but that might not have been Ford.

And yes it is a bumpy ride especially on roads which aren't maintained properly, which is all over the place to be honest haha. I've never found it uncomfortable though, you just notice all the bumps :)

Yes, no doubt about it, the suspension is decidedly firm but the body hugging Recaro seats do a good job of helping to smooth things out. I do in fact suffer from back problems (sciatica) but haven't found that the hard ride on the ST has caused me any discomfort.

Mine is only a 16" Tit, had it for 6 months and a week after collecting it my sciatica flared up again. Still hasn't gone away so I'm using a foam cushion. Great :(

The test drive must've been on 15's, if I'd known, that's what I'd have had.

• Like 1

Hi, My Dealer was more than happy to let me test drive a B max to see if it could fit into my garage. I lived more than 20 mins away.

• Like 1

Hi, My Dealer was more than happy to let me test drive a B max to see if it could fit into my garage. I lived more than 20 mins away.

Lol really. Can you imagine if it didn't fit and bang! One of the mirrors come off! I don't think I'm brave enough to try that as I have to reverse very close to a wall.

^ That's what parking sensors are for :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club