Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Mr165 1.0 Ecoboost!!

carr-92

ordered my mr165 kit for my ecoboost today however I have to wait 2 weeks for the charge pipe kit to become available in the right colour :( (impatient)

im hoping the map itself is just plug in and play, does it enable you t change it back to the normal settings using the handset? (newbie)

anybody got this kit installed and is it worth the money or have I just rinsed my credit card for no reason? :lol:

also what has people told insurance companies with the kit installed as mine is due for renewal in September? ;)

post-65115-0-23189300-1431426449_thumb.j

Advise your insurance company as soon as it's fitted or you could end up uninsured.

• Like 1

Once installed Scott it can't be put back to standard.

What is the ecoboost like thinking of purchasing one but torn between the metal edition and the ecoboost 140ps

What is the ecoboost like thinking of purchasing one but torn between the metal edition and the 140ps

I couldn't tell you about the 1.0 litre ecoboost, as I have the St.

Before I got that I had a s1600 which has the same engine as the metal. It was a nice drive and quite nippy but it was a really revvy engine and not great in fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

What is the ecoboost like thinking of purchasing one but torn between the metal edition and the 140ps

I couldn't tell you about the 1.0 litre ecoboost, as I have the St.

Before I got that I had a s1600 which has the same engine as the metal. It was a nice drive and quite nippy but it was a really revvy engine and not great in fuel.

It's so difficult they both look amazing, it's going to be my first car so I want to make sure its the right one, what sort of mpg did ur s1600 return ?

you should be able to change the map back to standard, mountune use the cobb acesssport handset by the looks of handset for the mr165

It is basically a cobb accessport but it locked to Mountune and doesn't work in the same way as the cobb unit.

It is basically a cobb accessport but it locked to Mountune and doesn't work in the same way as the cobb unit.

As above / \

I contacted mountune about the handset and as above said it can't be reverted back which is why I dont want it

Why can't you put it back? That's just cheap imo, Superchips can be put back.

Can you sell their handsets for someone else to use or do they lock to each car? Quite a common thing on the old Clios was to get an RStuner, they were £199 just for the handset but everyone passed them about like a gimp in a prison for £99 and just downloaded the maps from the tuners website for €40, pretty good easy set up.

So if this map locks and can't be removed what happens if it fails during the upload? I assume Mountune come to you to repair it then as the car isn't going anywhere? unlikely to happen but still.

Exactly mate so it's something you can enjoy but not getting any of you money back when you change car :/

Bit stingy imo, anyone know if the lesser maps can be changed back? may be Ford asked them to not make it reversible.

• Like 1

It's so difficult they both look amazing, it's going to be my first car so I want to make sure its the right one, what sort of mpg did ur s1600 return ?

Don't get me wrong it was a really nice car, but the mpg wasn't that great might get 300 miles or a little bit more depending how much you out your foot down.

Bit stingy imo, anyone know if the lesser maps can be changed back? may be Ford asked them to not make it reversible.

Mountune have done that with all there maps. One of the downside with mountune.

Don't get me wrong it was a really nice car, but the mpg wasn't that great might get 300 miles or a little bit more depending how much you out your foot down.

Yer was speaking to my brother about his and he said it does drink fuel, but the engine in the metal sound so good with and induction kit on. I've been looking at induction kit on the ecoboost and to me it make the car sound really rattly which is putting me off.

A would go bluefin mate ma mate (mechanic) said the mr165 (162bhp)

Is actually 154-6bhp and with all the other upgrades (intercooler CAI and all hoses etc) takes it to the 162bhp so if you had all this on the bluefin it would take it up a good 6-8bhp so 154 would roughly be 160-162bhp

Also spoke to a guy who does custom maps on Facebook and he said mountunes intercooler isn't the most efficient because they made it with warranty so it fits in the same section where old one was ...... He said a over radiator intercooler is much more effective too

I'd get the airtec cooler, drops the inlet temp from 90+C to 30odd, pretty damn impressive stuff. only £350 too.

Yer was speaking to my brother about his and he said it does drink fuel, but the engine in the metal sound so good with and induction kit on. I've been looking at induction kit on the ecoboost and to me it make the car sound really rattly which is putting me off.

The best thing to do mate is test drive them both and see which one suits you the best.

it's not the kit making it rattly, the engine itself is a bit noisy for how small it is, removing the plastics and using metals just resonates it a touch more, you'll hear the turbo and valve a bit more too.

So my mr165 is fitted ! 😊 as willy said 'it's a different animal' and I couldn't agree more. Yes it's expensive but you definitely feel the difference. Highly recommend to anyone who can afford it

• Like 1

So my mr165 is fitted ! as willy said 'it's a different animal' and I couldn't agree more. Yes it's expensive but you definitely feel the difference. Highly recommend to anyone who can afford it

Just need some stripes now :)

post-5052-143188052966_thumb.jpg

Just need some stripes now :)

attachicon.gif1431880527262.jpg

It just seems so weird seeing a spoiler and bodykit on a 5-door and then with mountune stripes... it's definitely unique :P

• Like 2

Just need to de chrome it, sort the grill and then I'll have a 5 door Zetec S that Ford should have offered.

• Like 2