Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 1.5 Ecoboost Has An Issue But Ford Are Fobbing Us Off

alexp999

@rm9 @alexp999 @James Parnell Hey guys , i do have a 2015 1.5 Focus 150 ps version , i am now having this issue and have been trying to diagnose the problem for so long but i can't , nor the shops/ tuners i went to. can you guys tell me exactly of what is the issue ? is it the wastegate spring , catalytic or DP ? Thank you ! 

P.S: Did you guys feel a change in the car behavior when this sound happened vs before it happened ? 

On 2/1/2019 at 10:26 PM, Remon said:

@rm9 @alexp999 @James Parnell Hey guys , i do have a 2015 1.5 Focus 150 ps version , i am now having this issue and have been trying to diagnose the problem for so long but i can't , nor the shops/ tuners i went to. can you guys tell me exactly of what is the issue ? is it the wastegate spring , catalytic or DP ? Thank you ! 

P.S: Did you guys feel a change in the car behavior when this sound happened vs before it happened ? 

Remon, 

With my one, my issue was indeed the wastegate. All I did to fix said problem was tighten the wastegate actuator arm and hey presto, no more rattle. All the power has come back in the low range too. Its a pain in the backside to do because you have to remove quite a few things to get to it eg intake pipes to turbo, exhaust manifold heatshield (I bent mine, couldn't remove it fully), wipers. It does take a few hours

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rm9 said:

Remon, 

With my one, my issue was indeed the wastegate. All I did to fix said problem was tighten the wastegate actuator arm and hey presto, no more rattle. All the power has come back in the low range too. Its a pain in the backside to do because you have to remove quite a few things to get to it eg intake pipes to turbo, exhaust manifold heatshield (I bent mine, couldn't remove it fully), wipers. It does take a few hours

Thanks for informing me! Yeah that is what i wanted to check, do you know the place for the WasteGate vacuum line in our car? 

P.S: is there any special technique needed to tighten the wastegate arm? ( saw couple videos about changing boost with it) and do i have to take anything into consideration? 

I haven't experienced this with my car but I will listen out for it now that I know it could be a possible issue

3 minutes ago, Joel Bavidge said:

I haven't experienced this with my car but I will listen out for it now that I know it could be a possible issue

Yeah mate, happened after 40k Kms with me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club