Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St3 With Mp215.

Russdaz

Seems a nightmare to get quotes for.

Only had one one company quote so far.

How would you value a molten orange st3 with the mp215 kit fitted. what the % power increase on the mp215?

No where list the st3 with the 215upgrade unlike the st or st2..

Adrain flux so far only one that has quoted. Green light didn't like my valuation.

I guess you need to check the stats for standard horspower of an ST3 and then the output after your 215

If you didn't buy it new then it's most likely around 13-14K none of the extras make it worth anything more nor does the Mountune kit, in fact I would say it makes it more undesirable if not fitted at the factory, same as you wouldn't buy one with a giant exhaust fitted etc.

They aren't worth more than most ST2s, I didn't think the ST3 existed in 2013 either?

ST3s will be valued more than the ST2s, the RRP is £1k more, the insurers know this, if you specced a 2 to the same spec as a 3 ( don't know why but if you did) the insurers would only value it as a standard ST2

Mountune adds 7.5% (197bhp to 212bhp) don't work out the figure from the 180ps.

Oh it brand new less then 800 miles and orange.. Not changed from white zetec.

And no Mountune kit was fitted from the factory and having it fitted wouldn't make it less desirable.

True I think the fact some places class it as a modification they won't touch it.

If your insurers still use ABI codes for vehicles then the code for the ST3 215 upgrade is 18593399

• Like 1

Oh right cheers for that Mark I'll have another check later. Got the car booked in for tomorrow I know I can get cover but be nice to compare.

Thanks folks.. got some better quotes, morethan still weren't interested.. but but got some better quotes now.

Good Info there Mark!

It's taking insurers a while to update their lists to include the ST3 with MP215. If you go on confused.com and others you should get plenty of quotes though. When I first got the upgrade I had to insure it as modified with esure. After some confusion they agreed that the modifications are: air intake and "chipping" up to 10% power increase, or something like that.

Why not work the figures from Ford's stated output of 180 b.h.p. / 182 p.s. ?

197 b.h.p. is only temporarily available for 15 seconds at a time when overboost kicks in at full throttle, & of course anyone who owns, or has driven a Fiesta ST will know, 15 seconds at full throttle will see you either run out of road during normal driving conditions in the U.K. and / or exceed the speed limit easily, therefore attaining an output 197 b.h.p. is unlikely to happen very often.

In the real world, on U.K. roads, in any car, overboost is only useful for rapid overtaking in 3rd gear i.m.o.

Yeah seems that way Phil, once finding places that recognise the 215 upgrade I have actually now got a cheaper policy then 1ltr ecoboost was :-)

Ford would happily allow the use of 200PS but they are not allowed to sell it as that, the fact the car produces that power would still be taken into consideration in all other aspect.

15seconds on OB, come down my way and get on the A3 once past Guildford / A31 jct you have realistically 20odd miles of smooth solid cornerless roads to hammer down, about 2% decline downhill if heading towards Portsmouth too.

This is not how I discovered the ST does the full max speed it actually does, I did that on a private track for the record.

I'm well aware of the benefits of the A3 having driven it regularly for 30 years ( & the speed traps at Liphook :) ) . . before the tunnel it was almost impossible to achieve more than walking pace due to Devils punchbowl junction, worse than the M25 car park

at weekends.

Seems to me that if, as previously stated, MP215 adds a mere 7.5% maximum output it's barely worth the outlay ?

180 x 7.5% = extra 13.5 b.h.p. max.

197 ( O.B. ) x 7.5% = extra 14.775 b.h.p. max for up to 15 seconds.

^ Yes I agree if you're only after more power then MP215 isn't very good value. As a whole package though, with improved sound, warranty and even the reputation Mountune have is worth paying for.

Anyone who wants the car to be significantly faster will be disappointed with it though.

• Like 1

What did it cost Phil ?

I note that Mountune state on their website that 215ps is only achieved @ 6000 r.p.m. but more interestingly & useful, is that torque is raised to 320 nm @ 3000 r.p.m.

issue being it's £600 odd to buy, Bluefin reckon theirs takes the car to 228BHP alone, combine that with a better airfilter which you can get for £199 such as the ITG one you'd have a better set up, I know there is no warranty come back but still no one has had problems, I know which option I'd pick.

What did it cost Phil ?

issue being it's £600 odd to buy

Yep that's the problem, and it was about £670 including fitting. I'm happy with it though, especially if you compare it to the price of some of the options on the car.

Mmmm. . Bluefin stage 2 figures for the Fiesta 1.6 are an extra 52 b.h.p. & an extra 90 nm of torque for a very reasonable £ 370.00

Stage 2 bit does require a CAIS, hence the ITG fits the bill perfectly for under £600, all it takes is to be mapped back to standard and swticharoo the airbox and can then cry to fraud when it brakes lol

Even Bluefin stage 1 appears better bang for buck than MP 215 ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club