Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diamondbrite.

blue flash

Anyone used the car cleaning stuff diamondbrite.is it any good.

My car had Diamondbrite applied by the Dealer on purchase.

Water and dirt just runs off.

I got a nice sized pack of cleaning materials as part of the deal.

It is guaranteed for the life of the car.

• Like 1

Diamondbrite is good & well worth the £ i.m.o.

• Like 1

I always use it. Cant believe i used to sell it for £200-£300 and now can pick it up on eBay for around £6 which will do 2 cars. Its so easy to apply and the shine is great with no powdery residue left on rubbers and plastics either.

Thanks guys,have had a quote,through a car dealer to do inside (carpets,seats and doors) and outside for £150. is that a good deal??

Thanks guys,have had a quote,through a car dealer to do inside (carpets,seats and doors) and outside for £150. is that a good deal??

Did you not read my post then lol? You can buy both interior and exterior products for around £15 for both on eBay. Exterior is easier than wax to apply and interior is just a spray on aerosol. It couldnt be any easier but if you want to pay an extra £135 for someone else to apply it that is entirely your choice.:)
  • Like 2

Mine was chucked in free on my car so happy with that.

• Like 1

Waste of money getting dealer to do it, as wes says eBay .

• Like 1

Dealer = £ 300 + . . . e - bay = £ 11 + . . . it's a no brainer i.m.o.

Got mine free like Clive.

• Like 1

Thank you very much Blue Flash! After already cleaning the house from top to bottom (such a good husband lol) and doing front and back gardens i was sat here thinking ive still got some diamondbrite in the garage. 1hr later and my Zetec S is now gleaming!B)

• Like 1

It doesn't always keep it spotless but does make it far easier to remove crap.

I usually foam and jetwash my cars, when I foamed my new one it just ran right off and didn't stick for more than a couple of seconds.

I like the speed of the application. Even though it takes 2 coats it goes on really fast as you dont have to worry if you get a bit on the trims as it just wipes off and doesnt leave white marks like some waxes. Buffing off is fairly easy too and it doesnt leave a load of powder everywhere.

got some stage 1 and 2 off eBay for £9.95 delivered....also fabric spray. :)

Nice one! I hope everyone doesnt drive the price up on eBay now though lol.

• 11 months later...

Just done my car with it.   I was amazed at how easy it was.   I paid £300 to have it done on my last car but that was a rip off.   I was told it wasn't sold outside the trade.   Bought it off eBay for about a tenner and 6 bottles arrived.  Three of first coat and three of second.   I did my 13 Fiesta with one bottle of each.

Paintwork protection technology has moved on considerably in the last few years meaning there are many synthetic nano sealants available to the public that easily  out-perform diamondbrite and similar products.

and with all such treatments , its the prep that makes a real difference in shine and longevity , so dont bother handing over wads of cash for a dealership application , diy it over a dry weekend with £30 of products that you can purchase on eBay..................

• Like 1

I agree its not that great frankly, its great to the unaware, but not once you know more about detailing.

Modern nano hybrid products really do last years, and give a better shine, ive seen Diamondbrite fail in months. The Diamondbrite guarantee only applies if you keep up the aftercare with their products, which basically means reapplying top ups at least monthly. Frankly any old product will do that.

• Like 1

There's been lots said about detailing/cleaning cars. If one gets a freebee from a dealer the great. I did on the cars I've bought from Evans halshaw and got bottles and sprays of the stuff used (still got them unused).

Personally now I go to a car wash then when back home I go over it with that waterless car wash spray. To me great results and neighbours give positive comments.

I'd say 99% of all cleaning stuff is good stuff nowadays.

Waterless wash is actually pretty good as a quick detailer used after a real wash. It contains masses of oily fillers that hide fine scratches. What i wouldn't do is use it as an actual waterless wash, all it does it scratch the paint to hell then hide it with those fillers.

• Like 1

Think im gonna use up the last of my AG extra gloss protection this summer , which as a semi permanent sealant is fairly similar to diamondbrite really.

Just building my self up for a shed load of hand polishing on an estate lol.

then i think im going to give this a try next  >>>>>   http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c2-liquid-crystal

Should give the same gloss & protection but without all the cost and effort....... :-)

My Focus came with Diamondbrite as part of the deal when I brought the car. I was not impressed. I did a comparison polish on one panel with Autogylm. The Autogylm won hands down. So I did the whole car. Wouldn't use / buy Dimondbrite again.

12 hours ago, biff55 said:

Think im gonna use up the last of my AG extra gloss protection this summer , which as a semi permanent sealant is fairly similar to diamondbrite really.

Just building my self up for a shed load of hand polishing on an estate lol.

then i think im going to give this a try next  >>>>>   http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c2-liquid-crystal

Should give the same gloss & protection but without all the cost and effort....... :-)

Just watched their video and they recommend using latex gloves.   DON'T USE LATEX GLOVES.   The health and safety executive have declared latex a dangerous substance only to be used where absolutely necessary.   The use of latex gloves is the main cause of latex allergy and, believe me, you do not want latex allergy.   My wife was a nurse and, through the use of latex gloves she got the type 1 Latex Allergy and has been into anaphylactic shock through contact with latex on 8 occasions.   Anyone interested, have a look at a website I run for the Anaphylaxis Campaign;   99% of our members are either nurses or garage mechanics:   http://lasg-forum.co.uk/post/YaBB.pl

4 hours ago, SuttonRider said:

My Focus came with Diamondbrite as part of the deal when I brought the car. I was not impressed. I did a comparison polish on one panel with Autogylm. The Autogylm won hands down. So I did the whole car. Wouldn't use / buy Dimondbrite again.

Which is fairly damning in itself since Autoglym isnt great either.

Im currently using the Sonax nano range, called Xtreme. Its probably the easiest nano stuff to use and lasts forever, the detailer is especially good and will last the best part of a year all by itself.

7 hours ago, Bobr said:

Just watched their video and they recommend using latex gloves.   DON'T USE LATEX GLOVES.   The health and safety executive have declared latex a dangerous substance only to be used where absolutely necessary.   The use of latex gloves is the main cause of latex allergy and, believe me, you do not want latex allergy.   My wife was a nurse and, through the use of latex gloves she got the type 1 Latex Allergy and has been into anaphylactic shock through contact with latex on 8 occasions.   Anyone interested, have a look at a website I run for the Anaphylaxis Campaign;   99% of our members are either nurses or garage mechanics:   http://lasg-forum.co.uk/post/YaBB.pl

I totally agree. My wife, a retired nurse, also developed a latex allergy through overuse of latex gloves. If she goes anywhere and can smell rubber or see balloons she immediately walks out. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club