Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7.5 "battery Back Up Sounder"?

BHeart

Just been reading through the most current edition of the Fiesta Owners Manual valid for vehicles built from 12th January 2015 to 16th August 2015 and, under security, on page 41, it mentions a "battery Back Up Sounder" which is an extra alarm system which has it's own battery.

Are all new Fiesta's built from 12th January 2015 fitted this 'extra alarm' system or, is it just certain models?

battery Back-up Sounder

The battery back-up sounder is an extra
alarm system which will sound a siren
when the alarm is triggered. When you lock
your vehicle the system is armed. The
sounder has its own battery and will sound
an alarm siren even if someone
disconnects your vehicle battery or the
battery back-up sounder itself.

Most alarms will have a back up battery siren, if they didn't disconnecting the battery or cutting the cables to the siren would silence it, I would assume most factory fitted alarms are like this too, the ST alarm will have to be to meet thatcham cat 1 requirements.

Thanks for the info Mark.

I'm assuming that, if installed, the battery for the 'extra alarm' system is smaller than the vehicles full size 12V battery? Where is the additional battery installed?

It should be a small battery inside the sounder, so cutting the wires to the sounder won't affect it, it will only be able to power it for a short while, at least 20 mins.

• Like 1

The backup battery alarm is in fact a part of the Thatcham cat. 1 alarm. It is a siren with a little battery in it. It's placed behind the right front wing.

This alarm is only fitted on the ST models, and only in the UK. In the rest of Europe it is an option (only on the ST).

I retrofitted the thatcham alarm on my Titanium X, works great, but it is a lot of work to get it done.

Picture of the siren with backup battery:

20150207_152727_zpsasvqoq86.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

This is the back up siren alarm battery on my Mondeo diesel 2012 the part number, and alarm/Siren itself stripped from the metal box.

Bought another battery  brand new rechargeable  Nihm 2.4v 550mah for £7.99 from  amazon, and fixed the problem.

Thanks

20200905_123104.jpg

20200905_101808.jpg

20200904_153508.jpg

• 1 year later...

I am having trouble with this sounder but on a 2015 Kuga Titanium X I can’t lock the vehicle as this siren goes off I had diagnostic check done and that’s what came up as a fault should I replace the whole unit or is it possible to renew battery this only happened after fitting new brake discs and pads but this shouldn’t have affected an alarm 

2 hours ago, David Baird said:

I am having trouble with this sounder but on a 2015 Kuga Titanium X I can’t lock the vehicle as this siren goes off I had diagnostic check done and that’s what came up as a fault should I replace the whole unit or is it possible to renew battery this only happened after fitting new brake discs and pads but this shouldn’t have affected an alarm 

I'm not sure where the Alarm sounder is located on your model of Kuga, but on many Fords (including my own Focus) the sounder is located in the passenger side wing. Could the wiring have been damaged while working on the brakes ?

Don't use a generic code reader to try and find faults with the Ford alarm system as most only give generic faults and can be misleading. Use the software FORScan and a 'vLinker FS' connection lead and it will give you more detailed information as to what the problem is. Your car is not old enough that it should need a back-up alarm battery changing.

FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

Cable: https://www.bmdiag.co.uk/forscan-diagnostic-cable-for-ford-vgate-vlinker-fs

• Like 1

22 hours ago, unofix said:

I'm not sure where the Alarm sounder is located on your model of Kuga, but on many Fords (including my own Focus) the sounder is located in the passenger side wing. Could the wiring have been damaged while working on the brakes ?

Don't use a generic code reader to try and find faults with the Ford alarm system as most only give generic faults and can be misleading. Use the software FORScan and a 'vLinker FS' connection lead and it will give you more detailed information as to what the problem is. Your car is not old enough that it should need a back-up alarm battery changing.

FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

Cable: https://www.bmdiag.co.uk/forscan-diagnostic-cable-for-ford-vgate-vlinker-fs

It’s just strange that the evening I picked up the car after having brakes done this happened mechanic says it’s no way connected so I’ve read where someone else with same problem cured it by cleaning the terminals connected to the alarm which is positioned below the plastic wheel arch liner on the drivers side 

So it is on the drivers side on your car?

It would be possible while working on the brakes to disturb the wires / connection without even knowing.

12 hours ago, unofix said:

So it is on the drivers side on your car?

It would be possible while working on the brakes to disturb the wires / connection without even knowing.

Possibility I suppose might be worth checking this out thanks