Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Start/start

Ron A

On 5/22/2015 at 11:42 AM, iantt said:

Ron, if you want to have a go at reseting battery monitoring, just do as follows

Ign on for 10 secs, press rear foglighr switch 5 times, press hazzard switch 3 times, wait 10 secs. Battery light flashes. Ign off

use car, and see if thst fixes

Would this reset function work on a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost with "Stop/Start"?

Thanks.

We had the very intermittent stop start issues with our 2011 1.6  ecoboost Focus. The car was also experiencing the troublesome intermittent power steering failure on start up ( ie sometimes the car had steering assistance, sometimes it didn’t but would reset after cycling the engine ) After doing a bit of research online which led me to believe the 2 problems might be battery voltage related I bought and fitted myself a new efb battery from https://www.tayna.co.uk/Ford-Focus-Car-Battery.

I chose the battery with the largest CCA and Ah rating that would fit in the battery tray area to ensure that it had plenty of reserve.

After fitting the battery the stop start feature began working again within a day or so and hasn’t missed a beat since.( circa 6 months ) 

Unfortunatly the power steering issues did not change much and a week or so ago failed completely so I am now in the process of sourcing a second hand rack to get us back on the road!

Hope this is of some help to you.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2012 1.6 focus ecotecnic and have only had stop start work once or twice....when I brought the car used it had 50k miles.....dealer said I had to drive for at least 20 mins and it would work....I have driven to Birmingham from Cornwall and it still has not worked any tips ? Not sure I think it’s ***** 

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2017 at 5:11 PM, iantt said:

should work, make sure your pressing the rear foglight switch and not the front.

Hi Ian, how do you reset the battery monitoring system on a Ford Ka Mk 2.  There is only one switch for front / rear fog lights - press once for front, press again for front / rear and press again for off.  As for pressing hazard switch 3 times, is it on, off, on or on, off, on, off, on, off.  Please clarify.

3 hours ago, Tony N said:

Hi Ian, how do you reset the battery monitoring system on a Ford Ka Mk 2.  There is only one switch for front / rear fog lights - press once for front, press again for front / rear and press again for off.  As for pressing hazard switch 3 times, is it on, off, on or on, off, on, off, on, off.  Please clarify.

The ford Ka isn't much of a ford but more fiat.  So the battery reset isn't applicable. On the Ka , when fitting a new battery the BMS sensor requires a 4 hour rest period( ign off)  after which it starts sensing correctly. 

I'm not saying fit battery then wait 4 hours though. You can use car but monitoring won't be reliable until it's had a rest (i.e overnight) 

• Like 1

I've had the car for about 2 months (second hand).  The start / stop did not work from day one.  I had to call the AA for another unrelated issue.  They disconnected the battery and then reconnected it.  The start / stop worked fine for about a day or two.  That's why I wondered whether a BMS reset was required.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

• 3 months later...

I have a 2012 focus,  mine has been up and down for the last 4 years when I got it. I even had a new battery and alternator fitted 2 years ago and was the same. That was until I changed jobs, so instead of a 8 minute commute, it's a 40 minute commute and my stop start works nearly everytime I stop now. Think it definitely has something to do with journey times and the amount of things you are using, that the car decides wether there is enough power in the battery for the stop/start to activate. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2015 at 11:42 AM, iantt said:

Ron, if you want to have a go at reseting battery monitoring, just do as follows

Ign on for 10 secs, press rear foglighr switch 5 times, press hazzard switch 3 times, wait 10 secs. battery light flashes. Ign off

use car, and see if thst fixes

Many thanks, that fix sorted out my 2013 focus estate.  The only bit that I’d add is that you have to not just press the hazard lights switch three times you have to press on/off three times .

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club