Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Black Liquid So Guessing Oil Related Help!

Zoe Maree

So not noticed this before not been an issue but I parked my car for a couple of hours today come back and there a puddle over the car park coming from under my car! I look under the car and see wet so I investigate to find a think black liquid so guessing it's oil (I'm obviously a woman so could be wrong) but should I be worried at the amount that has leaked? No flashy lights to tell me danger typical streetka does anyone know what could cause this? thanks I have attached photos there not that great though!

post-52361-143224771359_thumb.jpg

post-52361-143224773323_thumb.jpg

Possibly gearbox oil?

Could be the rear oil seal behind the flywheel/clutch, or slave cylinder leaking. Does the clutch feel any different?

Check your engine oil and brake/clutch fluid levels asap, dont wait for a warning light - by then the damage might be done.

Under the bonnet, closer the the scuttle panel as far as I know

This is it today is it ok to drive I don't wanna cause more damage but I need to get it to a garage does anyone no if this will be expensive?

post-52361-143230328023_thumb.jpg

Could just be a gasket or a seal, or it could be. Serious problem. I personally wouldn't drive it due to how much it's leaking in such a short time. I'd get towed or get it topped up at home and then drive it to the garage

Ok silly moment it doesn't seem to be oil on the ground I do have a slight oil leak which is what I found under the car a jumped to that conclusion but it's a watery slimmyness with a fowl smell it looks as if it's leaking from a few places but I'm guessing it's leaking on something to then leak from underneath from a few places, unfortunately I didn't make it to a garage on time, I've checked my oil that fine I checked water was low but topped up very little seems to be staying at that level it's not leaking that much now I'm home whether it could be what ever it leaking has now ran out does anyone know that I should keep an eye out for? Gear box? How can I check the gear box fluid? I smelt the power steering fluid and thought it smelt like that but my power steering it full! Something every week with this blumming car!

Take it to a local indi garage and let them check it out.. unless you're experienced with servicing/repairing cars yourself then it will probably be cheaper in the long run! :)

More out today :/ smells like cat urine (only way I can describe it) I need my car could this be my thermostat?

post-52361-143238397169_thumb.jpg

Take it to a local garage to diagnose the problem, it should cost you nothing. Then you will know what's wrong and where you stand. We could be sat here all week guessing what the mystery goop is and it won't help you :)

Its difficult diagnosing a fault from a picture of a patch of fluid on the ground, if you can get it diagnosed we can probably help you fix it cheaper :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad you got it sorted, not as bad as first thought then.