Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Fiesta Seat Base Dilemma.

hosse

Ello chaps,

Looking for a bit of info as I'm in a bind. The seat slide adjuster handle has broken off the missus 2004 3 door LX. I'm having a bit of trouble finding a drivers seat base, what I wanted to know was;

Can a 4 door seat drivers base be used?

Can a passengers 2 door base be taken apart and the handle swapped over?

Please help as MOT is looming and no seat adjustment means a fail I've been told.!

Can you weld it back on? I would take your passenger seat out so you can get a good look at it yourself to see if its interchangeable.

Not a bad idea taking them out to have a look. It can't be welded, it's thin tubular steel that has twisted over and over and then torn.

I have heard instances where people have managed to use 'chemical metal' as a short term fix, however, check out 'breakeryard.com' and enter what you need, I am certain you will be able to find what you need.

(If you do use Breakeryard, you should get a list of scrap dealers selling the part, and how much for. Google the preferred breakers' name and get a direct contact number and call that. The website uses expensive divert numbers and will cost a few quid to call.)

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Cheers fellas, managed to get an entire seat runner assembly from a 5 door fiesta from my local breaker yard for £10!

Took all of 10 minutes to swap it over.

Ford wanted £560 for a new seat runner mechanisim can you believe!!

• Like 2

Cheers fellas, managed to get an entire seat runner assembly from a 5 door fiesta from my local breaker yard for £10!

I can believe it yes!

Glad you sorted it for such a bargain price!:)

you sorted it before I got to read it

It would look however as though the base is the basically the same for both sides with the release handle assembled from the other side

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1391947&s_id_model=6&s_code_image=D010097805

&

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1392051&s_id_model=6&s_code_image=G010491203

That's a great deal, I know 2nd hand parts are usually a bit cheaper but 56x cheaper :o

Yeah glad I got it sorted, I can MOT the thing now.

The passenger and drivers seat bases are not interchangeable as the 4 bolt locations are not symmetrical. They have the front right floor bolt further forward than the left and there is a hinged latch system on only one side that locks the back in place. So they will not swap over.

The only thing that is interchangeable on the entire seat is the foam base.

• Like 1

you sorted it before I got to read it

It would look however as though the base is the basically the same for both sides with the release handle assembled from the other side

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1391947&s_id_model=6&s_code_image=D010097805

&

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1392051&s_id_model=6&s_code_image=G010491203

Maybe stick to advising on Cmax's Richard!:huh:

Good bit of follow up info there Hosse for anyone else wondering if they are interchangeable.:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club