Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error P0096 Air Intake Temperature Sensor ??

grandads_shed

hi

over the past 2 weeks on 2 occasions i have had my dash give a engine malfunction message but it cleared on restart and never had a code,

well today the engine light came on and i have a code "p0096 -- air intake temperature sensor 2 circuit range performance ""P0096 Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor 2 - circuit range/performance problem""

its reading air temp at 107.46F or about 42c which is much to high i think..

any advise about this ??/ where to sensor is and what could be the cause of the fault etc ,, any advise/info welcome

it happened as i was excellerating to get onto a dual carrageway.

also i noticed that the dash also said that i was only getting 36 miles to the gallon instead of the normal 50+ mpg

its a 2010 mondeo tatanium 2.0L tdci desiel/

Often the problem is the wiring and not the sensor itself. Have a look for loose connectors, and shorts to ground, that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Sensor is in the middle to right of engine, on the inlet manifold, theres 2 sensors close to each other.

Its the one with connector at right angles to fixing bolt, other one is inline to bolt hole.

• Like 1

Sensor is in the middle to right of engine, on the inlet manifold, theres 2 sensors close to each other.

Its the one with connector at right angles to fixing bolt, other one is inline to bolt hole.

i have found the MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR but can not find the

Air Intake Temperature Sensor

here is a picture,post-62633-0-73736700-1432911898_thumb.j

havent got photo,its further to the left of photo

• Like 1

found one on internet, may not be exact engine to yours but very simular, you will see 2 sensors at bottom of photo, its the one to the right.

post-59356-0-19639300-1432918793_thumb.j

• Like 1

found one on internet, may not be exact engine to yours but very simular, you will see 2 sensors at bottom of photo, its the one to the right.

thanks m8 , on mine the air pipes run from the front on the left and go round to the rear of the engine,

i have had another look and i think they have put it round the back out of sight somewhere.

i will get some more pictures asap.

I have pm'd you about iat sensor.

• Like 1

i think you may be right as i disconnected the plug from the maf and
reconnected it, since then the codes have deleted and not come back,

so it looks like it was just a dirty connector,

and now i have a brand new spare iat that dont fit the car ...

• 5 years later...

I have a 2010 Kuga 2.0 tdci. Will someone help me find the IAT sensor please? 

• 2 years later...

Hi I have this issue on my 2014 kuga p0096 and p0098-12 

I've got intake air temp sensor 2 which indicates the one in the manifold. Well that's what you'd think haha , but unfortunately it hasn't cleared , has anyone had this issue ?