Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Focus Zetec S Stereo/display Upgrade

Nickopolaidis

I'll have a look when I pick it up, so if for example I only had the am5t as stock in my car and I swap to the bm5t what problems would I likely face (not that I would do that) cheers

Installing an incorrect audio system will result in loosing functionality like Bluetooth/Voicecontrol, USB and AUX (Basically all functions controlled by the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol or SYNC module). Because of this incompatibility the audio system will also generate several DTC codes. The audio unit and the display do also need to be from the same system. If not this will also cause compatibility issues.

The audio functions will work without any problems.

Most USA audio units and displays are also not fully compatible. Despite the part numbers have partly the same part numbers. In some cases this can only be solved by changing the firmware manually. However you will not find a Ford dealer who has the knowledge to do this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi again just a quick update regarding the upgrade of the head unit.

I checked the radio and the plastic fascia with all the buttons on is am5t model.

The actual head unit itself is a bm5t model

and the display screen is am5t.

I thought they would all match.... confused.

So do i have to change to a sony unit with a bm5t spec, as ive seen they on eBay with the colour screen but the colour screens asre a bm5t spec to, but my current screen is only an am5t model.

As you can tell im super confused and i dont want to buy the wrong unit. any help out there

Well if it helps, my screen is DM5T but the head unit and Fascia are both BM5T.

You need to ensure the screen you get matches exactly with the one you already have - so if you have a monochrome screen beginning with AM5T you MUST get a colour display also with AM5T.

I don't think it really matters fascia wise as they are essentially all the same - there is no software in them for anything not to work. I got my fascia separately new from a guy in Russia and had no issues.

For head unit, I would just try and get a head unit that comes with the screen to be safe. I bought the complete package from a focus ST at the breakers but then just binned the fascia as it wasn't in the best condition.

Hope that helps!

Hi thanks for the response, all I can find is the main unit which is bm5t but pretty much all the screens that go with the unit are also bm5t which means I cant swap over

I've looked all over eBay and I can't find any colour screens with the serial am5t. Searched for everything. I can find bm5t head units with the bm5t colour screen. That's all there is

Well if it helps, my screen is DM5T but the head unit and Fascia are both BM5T.

You need to ensure the screen you get matches exactly with the one you already have - so if you have a monochrome screen beginning with AM5T you MUST get a colour display also with AM5T.

I don't think it really matters fascia wise as they are essentially all the same - there is no software in them for anything not to work. I got my fascia separately new from a guy in Russia and had no issues.

For head unit, I would just try and get a head unit that comes with the screen to be safe. I bought the complete package from a focus ST at the breakers but then just binned the fascia as it wasn't in the best condition.

Hope that helps!

• 4 months later...

Long time lurker first time poster here! So I've got the horid 3.5 inch monochrome screen with SYNC (BM5T-18B955-BE) I think as in the first photo. 

I'm thinking of JUST going to the 4.2 inch or 5 inch screen, by doing a direct swap of the screens to make the car look exactly like the 2nd picture. I'll need to use FOCCCUS yeah? What are the part numbers that I'll need? Would BM5T-18B955-CG 2013 work? Thanks!

$_57.JPG

56a13380aa035_MyStereo.thumb.jpg.3605255f342aa705294cc010a8d5a4df.jpg

• Like 1

Basically in the last 2 positions of the part number, the monochrome screens have a B in the second last position. And I'll need something that has a C? Cheers!

• 7 months later...

Picking up on this topic we have found our selves with a problem with our LCD screen.

The car is a 2011 Titanium X fitted with the DAB Sony head unit. The other day whilst driving home the radio and screen in the centre went blank and was completely unresponsive. The car has a USB and 3.5mm jack socket in the glovebox and also has bluetooth ( No Sat Nav )

Sent the car into local Ford garage who were great at helping to eliminate faulty parts and have said that the screen is dead.

The screen fitted to the car is a AMT5-18B955-CL

My question is this. Can I fit another model number screen ( someone has suggested that a DMT5-18B955-GC ) would fit but am not sure that I want to take a chance that I will mess something up or be left with certain features not working.

Or do I have to get another AMT5-18B955 unit?.

Thanks for any advise 👍

Apologies I have got my T's & 5's the round the wrong way in the above post.

The part No is AM5T-18B955-CL  Etc 

On 01/02/2017 at 9:36 PM, Flatfour said:

Picking up on this topic we have found our selves with a problem with our LCD screen.

The car is a 2011 Titanium X fitted with the DAB Sony head unit. The other day whilst driving home the radio and screen in the centre went blank and was completely unresponsive. The car has a USB and 3.5mm jack socket in the glovebox and also has Bluetooth ( No Sat Nav )

Sent the car into local Ford garage who were great at helping to eliminate faulty parts and have said that the screen is dead.

The screen fitted to the car is a AMT5-18B955-CL

My question is this. Can I fit another model number screen ( someone has suggested that a DMT5-18B955-GC ) would fit but am not sure that I want to take a chance that I will mess something up or be left with certain features not working.

Or do I have to get another AMT5-18B955 unit?.

Thanks for any advise 👍

We had this same problem over Christmas and I narrowed it down to the screen. Bought one with a serial number beginning with B rather than A which was in ours and it does work to a point but we've lost USB and bluetooth, although it does connect for calls but only by using the phone directly. 

I've been looking for an exact replacement screen but you'd be a very lucky man to find one so the easier option is upgrade the whole system to SYNC. As has been said, the screen and unit need to match to work but I'm not sure if the bluetooth module will need to match too or is that the same through of the models?

Thanks for your reply Kev. I am of the understanding that later cars have a different type of communication between the several components and are therefore not interchangeable. My next step might be to see if I can get the screen from our car repaired as I have heard of a company called BBA Reman that may be able to undertake this job. 

I wonder if these screens are specific to the Focus or wheather they are fitted to Galaxy's or CMax's etc. Could broaden the search somewhat.

think you will find the c max will be the same. and even early ranger. your version is a rare one to find. seen one on eBay but was quite expensive. you definatley need the early version display if you want bluetooth module to work correctly.

If I was to buy a correct SYNC AHU to go with the screen I now have in, is it possible to reprogram these to the car using FOCCCUS and would my existing bluetooth module also work?

I am not sure tbh as I know there are various modules in the car that all need to be compatible. For instance there is a a bcm module on the passenger footwell fuse board. I guess anything is possible but you would need to be fairly handing with the software to reprogram it all and get it to harmonise.

• 9 months later...

A quick update on this ( as I logged on again but this time with a question about a faulty EPAS rack!! )

I did manage to strike lucky and got an exact part number match on eBay for the LCD screen. It was then a 15 minuite job to fit and put the trim back together and all functions returned to normal.👍

• 1 year later...

I've got this one right now, https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOCUS-LW-CENTRE-DISPLAY-SCREEN-05-11-08-15-0000037194/183416574284?hash=item2ab47ad14c:g:NQMAAOSwU1hbjx9V 

I have the Sony fascia as well,  EM5T-18B955-DA should be a quick swap correct with the above?

• 3 years later...

Cine poate sa îmi spună unde găsesc un display cy acest cod:

am5t-18b955-cg?

5 hours ago, Cipri mihet said:

Cine poate sa îmi spună unde găsesc un display cy acest cod:

Posted in the official language of Bedfordshire 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club