Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 Flip Key Upgrade To New Style

macachia

Hi,

I have a 2006 ford focus st with an old style flip key and would like to upgrade to the new style flip key (like the new cars).

I am looking at the following eBay auction

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-DESIGN-FLIP-REMOTE-FOB-FOR-04-08-FORD-FOCUS-ALARM-CONTROL-CHIP-KEY-2TK-D2-/130919209818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e7b649b5a

Do you think it's legit? It's compatible with my car right? Can the key really be programmed as I have two keys already in possession?

Cheers!

On the mk2 you can programme the remotes not the keys even with two originals it needs programmed via obd port using software any Mobil locksmith can do it cheap enough or just sea the key blade from the old key onto the new key and programme the remote youreself

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a difference between keys with the following codes: 2TK-D2 and 2TK?

Cheers!

The original flip keys of the current Ford models are not compatible with the older Ford models like the Focus MK2/MK2.5. The remote control functions for te central locking will not work. As far I know the PATS immobilizer chip should be the same.

The flip key from your link is not an original key. This is an aftermarket copy. Most of these keys are manufactured in China. Personnally I would prefer the older style original flip key above a new style Chinese key.

I figured as my original 2013 key doesn't work with the 2006 or 2008 models I tried it on.

i already have the old flip key but it's full of scratches, just wanted to change the housing really.

So there's no difference between the two models I asked about? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club