Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Used Or Reconditioned Engine?

cl0ud

Hey guys,

I wanted to pick your brain on something.

if you had a problem with your engine and needed to change it. Would you opt for a used engine or a reconditioned engine as replacement?

Recon if I had the money to do so, one which has been reconditioned by a reputable company using Ford parts, and a warranty to boot.

Depends on the car really, if it is a shed that is imminently going to give up anyway, I'd just get another snotter. If it is a car that owes money but not bothered about too much, a used engine, but if it is a pride and joy motor then recon unit all the way.

I had to change the engine years ago in my 309 GTi and was lucky enough to source a brand new one, not recon for a great price. Check out eBay as sometimes engines with only delivery miles pop up on there.

done this a few times now (not any of my cars), I always just go with a good used engine - the cost of recon engines is extortionate and really, are they any better? If an engine is in good health then why mess about with it and potentially create a future problem. Certain engines ok, a recon would be beneficial but as for throw away engines of today then I would strongly disagree that they are a benefit to recon.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club