Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Inherent Problems With The 1.4 Tdci Diesel Engine ?

Richard G

Any Inherent Problems with the 1.4 TDCi diesel engine ?

especially in any earlier models or trim levels (3 Dr). With a terminally ill Ka due to rust & suspension, the VED on this being only £30 makes it a possible option to look at

1.4 tdci of what year? The 2002-8 engine had serious problems with turbo failure due to blocked oil feed lines

1.4 tdci of what year? The 2002-8 engine had serious problems with turbo failure due to blocked oil feed lines

that engine

was it a lot of them or the same as with the turbo on the1.6 (such as for the Cmax) that it was catastrophic when it happened

Are engines that have got to over 100K then somewhat less likely to now have problems or have had a new turbo ?

Any high mileage 1.4 TDCi should be avoided, you do not know the history and if the engine has been flushed properly prior to a new turbo being fitted.

• Like 1

this would suggest it's the turbo on the 1.6 rather than the 1.4 that's got the problem

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/fiesta-2002/?section=good

Believe me, the 1.4 has the same issue. I've known several people own them and despite taking all the possible actions to avoid the known problem it still happened. I'd stay away from it all together

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club