Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Vents

matthewh77

Can anyone give me an idea of how much it would cost to get vents fitted into my Focus ST bonnet? Or would I be better getting an RS bonnet?

I do have an RS bonnet I could use but it's got a lot of dings in it and would need a total respray too. I already have the vents but thought I'd ask for a bit of advise as I haven't done anything like this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Best bet is to nip to your local bodyshop and get a quote as prices will vary quite a bit.

• Like 1

Wes is right, get a quote from a body shop, I'd get a quote for the repair of the RS bonnet too and go with the cheapest.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Good mate of mine does mobile fitting service for RS bonnet vents into ST's, and other cars too. I would estimate he's done hundreds of the things, so lots of happy customers out there. He's based in Doncaster but travels all over the place on weekends, Nick aka RSParts

Can get prices if you want?

• Like 1

As Troy has just said. Nick has did loads of them. I got my front splitter from him. Great guy to deal with.

I'm looking to get vents fitted to my mondeo TXS

Nooooooooooooooooo ! ! :)

• Like 1

Nooooooooooooooooo ! ! :)

I take it youre more a fan of bonnet scoops instead then?:rolleyes::lol:

Why not? Will add to the beastyness

Tempted to get jaguar bonnet vents. Or may just stick to the RS vents

I'm evidently too old in the toof to appreciate fashionista - i'll stick to the longevity of TXS class . . . :)

'' Beastyness '' is knowing your derv powered barge will wipe the floor with boy racers in their 1.6 turbo'd tin can that'll be razor blades long before yours is even properly run in . . :)

'' Beastyness '' is knowing your derv powered barge will wipe the floor with boy racers in their 1.6 turbo'd tin can that'll be razor blades long before yours is even properly run in . . :)

I wouldnt be so sure, there are some fast 1.6's out there!:) I was reading that our american friends are getting around 400bhp from the 1.6 ecoboost.

That's in America - the land of make believe.

i have RS bonnet vents o my car and i installed them myself B)

used the template supplied, drilled 4 pilot holes (one for each corner) and used a jigsaw blade to cut my bonnet

took all of 1 hour to do

20120707_155927.jpg

20120707_155948.jpg

20120707_162048.jpg

20120707_163716.jpg

20130531_184628_zps7b356adf.jpg

i also have wing vents installed - bonded on, no cutting required

20130531_184608_zpsed8b9c30.jpg

• Like 1

There must have been at least one point you were bricking it Sal :D

With the thought of do I or don't I :D

After all once you start there is no turning back. well done mate nice job.

i was bricking it as at the same time i was taking a stanley knife to the dashboard - thanks to Lenny's antics!

20120707_182942.jpg

20120708_115422.jpg

20120708_115439.jpg

i decided to fit an ST gauge pod/then changed that to the dash pocket (currently houses a charging port so that i can use a sat nav or use a multi media device to display the torque app)

20140331_193208_zpsdq185uky.jpg

I thought it was an ST you owned Sal as your on the FocusSTownersclub too.

Well mate I take my hat off to you. Don't think I would have the nuts to set about my car with a jigsaw and Stanley :lol:

i would love an ST but couldn't justify the fuel costs - i do have a heavy right foot and get around 350 miles from a full tank of diesel :blink:

it only looks like an ST but doesnt go like one - if anyone pulls up at the lights i'll just take it easy and cruise B)

BTW, i'm on lots of car forums VW/Nissan/Seat/Ford and Pug but not Vauxhall - forum !Removed! i think is the term :ph34r:

I wouldnt mind doing it myself. But how do you know where to place the templates? Wouldnt know where to on a mondeo

Charlie you can put them wherever you want. Just be mindful of any under bonnet bracing.

Just mean like I'd be worried about getting em perfectly symmetrical etc

I'm looking to get vents fitted to my mondeo TXS

Nick has fitted vents to cars other than Focus ST's - so he'd be able to work out where they need to go just fine :)

• Like 1

from a thread on another forum:

Standard black abs vents £80 fitted, painted and laquered gloss black vents £95 fitted or colour matched vents £100 fitted

this is for a price guide only - contact Nick directly for the true price

Just mean like I'd be worried about getting em perfectly symmetrical etc

as Troy says,Nick is very good at fitting them and I have seen Jag vents on a Focus too...do it do it do it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club