Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Our Very Own Yplac Thread..

Ianb

Haha legend! Shame it wasn't a tool stall

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Shame it brought down the image of his merchandise.... People probably thought "ooo clothes, oh wait, a corsa, those clothes must be poor quality!"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spotted tonight at Sainsburys Livingston, and it had to be a Corsa!

post-1371-0-41837500-1447698534_thumb.jp

• Like 2

It's a 65 plate that's half the problem...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

1) It is a bit harsh, I would be annoyed if it happened as it looks like a quiet street meaning a wheelchair user/pram user etc could easily walk in the road (albeit 'dangerous') since it seems a very quiet road 2) However I'm pretty sure if you're parking over a pavement meaning somebody in a wheelchair cannot safely pass without going in the road then technically it is illegal - we had the police come up our residential street about 2 year ago knocking on every single neighbours house saying that there have been complaints and if people park on the pavement again (with 2 wheels) then they will come and ticket everyone - however the threats never materialised!

I'm sure if the council were nice enough, they would let him off then they could tell them to parallel park (as the van has, and appears the next door neighbor has) so the car fits on the drive...... To be fair if it was my car I would be parallel parking and slightly blocking my front door too - hes parked that close that they must bump the house everytime they park! 

My take is that although it is not illegal to park on pavements per se, it is illegal, if by doing so, the driver is adjacent to yellow lines or other types of prohibition or restriction markings / signage.

If his wheels weren't on the pavement (such as it is) and wholly on the 'driveway' then he would be fine.

Every other car visible there has parked wholly on their hardstanding but he hasn't.

Also (to be a bit pedantic here) although the kerbs are lower than standard ones, they do not appear to be official 'drop kerbs' (unlike the bay in the background) and as such would be illegal to drive over onto a driveway / hardstanding anyway.

TBH, I'm surprised the CEO has not pinged him before.

I had an argument with neighbours of my Parents a while back whereby they have a few broken paving slabs in their front garden and removed their front fence to allow car access for parking, but as the kerbs are higher than standard due to tree roots pushing the pavements up they can't safely bump up the kerb anyway.

They resort to driving up the neighbours properly positioned drop kerb and along 10 metres of pavement in order to park up and can't understand what they are doing wrong.

The fact that they drive past my Parents' gate and front wall and by doing so are destroying the pavement and causing subsidence to the wall is causing my father many stressful moments plus as both my Parents are getting wobbly on their pins this is also peeing me off no end.

I haven't seen them do it myself but I have advised them that it is an offence contrary to Section 72 of the highways Act 1835 (A fixed penalty offence [a non-endorsable £100 fine] as of 1 August 1999) and if I catch them then I will gladly issue a FPN to them.

The offence applies to all driving on the pavement and is still criminalised (Police responsibility) rather than being a civil offence as presided over by CEO's.

• Like 1

Why is the headline titled "Un-fare...." shouldn't it be "Un-fair...." or am I missing something obvious? 

• Like 1

Why is the headline titled "Un-fare...." shouldn't it be "Un-fair...." or am I missing something obvious? 

Sometimes if you look too deep, you miss the fact that the writer probably has to wear waterwings while eating soup...

• Like 3

Its a pun on paying a 'fare' as in 'charge/fine' surely...?

I don't understand why they don't park it parallel like the van though... :unsure:  It looks like a dropped kerb to me so I wouldn't personally have an issue with it though, if it was a high kerb then that's different (inconveniencing peds, wheel chairs, prams etc).

What a terrible drive-way design!  If you park headfirst you block the pavement and if you parallel park you block your front door. 

I get the feeling those houses have been there since before many people had cars tbh...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I get the feeling those houses have been there since before many people had cars tbh...

Yes that's true, and the owners/council had the bright idea to convert the front garden areas into tiny inconvenient drive-ways!  Mind you, with double yellow lines outside there really isn't much alternative.

• Like 1

Typical new build houses.

6 inches of turf they call a garden and if you dig more than a foot down you hit building rubble and crap.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Typical new build houses.

6 inches of turf they call a garden and if you dig more than a foot down you hit building rubble and crap.

The rubble left behind is the garden with a new build house lol

• Like 2

I had a house 10 years ago where the garden was thin turf over crap and found beer cans and food wrappers amongst the crap.

Place I'm in now has a decent big garden with real grass and earth.

Half of it is taken up with a day kennel for the dogs though. 😊

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Because BMW drivers are special.

Point Blur_May212016_041517.jpg

Point Blur_May212016_041609.jpg

• Like 1

That BMW reminds me of an Audi I encountered this morning on the way over to the nursery

Behind me is a fairly steep hill with several tight bends on the steeper part,  it is a relatively narrow residential road added to which it's a bus route.

Common sense would say you don't park on a bend on the steepest incline, you'd park further up or down, where the road is straight, or more sensibly in your drive. Not so for the grey Audi Q7, who not only parked on the bend but was further from pavement, than regular parkers.  (250mm or so!).  The remainder of the road didn't actually look wide enough for anything bus sized to get past

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

"I have an expensive car, so I need more than one space"...

cbce4c2561b353e81e25c6c3475a5aaf.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have to admit to being one of those who will park across two spaces in tescos. I also park right at the back of the carpark where no one else tends to park either if it helps. I do it as people think nothing of dinting someone else's car as they get in / out of their own. There's a post on another forum of a chap left with a big white (down to undercoat) mark on his door from someone doing just that

• Like 1

I don't mind those that park a distance with their nice cars... but that twerp in the Range rover parking like typical range rover driver is the YPLAC targets. It must take a lot of work to become as big an a-hole as that!

• Like 3

On 16/08/2016 at 10:50 AM, laumk7 said:

. I also park right at the back of the carpark where no one else tends to park

i sort of do that but for completely different reason at Tesco: the comfort of Brandy.

I park underneath the tree lined spaces, behind the click and collect building, which about the furthest away from the main entrance you can get. It's usually only me and a few staff cars.

Brandy has a pre-shop ablutions amongst the shrubbery beneath the trees and sometimes a further one when I return

19 hours ago, Ianb said:

I don't mind those that park a distance with their nice cars... but that twerp in the Range rover parking like typical range rover driver is the YPLAC targets. It must take a lot of work to become as big an a-hole as that!

I live next door to one, it's seems to come naturally to him, but perhaps he did all his a-hole practice before he moved

He seems to be under the impression that when reversing out of the drive, it is mandatory to clasp his iPhone to his right ear with his left hand, not too look (ever) and just lunge back into the road, regardless of the traffic. 

• Like 1