Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Our Very Own Yplac Thread..

Ianb

5 hours ago, GMX said:

Brandy too is very protective of her car, but I think she'd jump out, if the window was fully down without her ventilation grill in place.  May be less now with her arthritic hips and knees

Dogs Trust and the RSPCA were warning people about that.  Although that was in the context, of your dog being kidnapped, and returned upon payment of a "reward for finding a lost dog"

Yep, that's what they do here.

Shame on this Ford Fusion owner. Parked in a bus stop and part in the live carriageway. Obviously the bus needed to stop but couldn't pull in which, combined with the legally parked car on the opposite side of the road, meant the whole of the road was blocked.

yplac01.JPG

• Like 2

Were its tail-lights still on?  Either the driver had left it there with the lights on, or they were still inside.  I hope that it had broken down, as that would be the only valid reason to do such a thing!!

• Like 1

You wouldn't do that if you lived here, or else you'd find somebody sticking their hand in and stealing your dog.  I'm not joking... :shock:

I'd like to see someone try that with Willow.
They'd be counting the fingers they haven't got.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I'd like to see someone try that with Willow.
They'd be counting the fingers they haven't got

:lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Were its tail-lights still on?  Either the driver had left it there with the lights on, or they were still inside.  I hope that it had broken down, as that would be the only valid reason to do such a thing!!

Driver was inside as I gave them a quick blast of my horn and a 'wtf' hand gesture as I went past.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A please don't reproduce moment.....

1.jpg

Saw this amazing park today...  Completely covered the footpath (other side is cycle path) AND the driver would have to step in the muddy verge when getting out.  Why not park over the mud as the cars had behind it, leave the path clear and your shoes clean!! :wacko:

IMG_20170102_143414956.jpg

• Like 3

Bell-end of the day. 

1.jpg

• Like 2

That's got to have been done on purpose surely!?  Winding up a mate or something?  :mellow:

• Like 2

could be its a bit to close:smile: 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's got to have been done on purpose surely!?  Winding up a mate or something?  :mellow:

The position of the mirrors and the turned steering on the blue car, would suggest it had been.

A genuine YPLAC would knocked the mirrors off or at least

i think you maybe right:smile: 

Two Audi drivers outside the lines 😦

20170112_090205_zpsm6gsen65_edit_1484243

20170112_090213_zps7pwojzlx_edit_1484243

Lol, at least he's facing forward, I have more of an issue with the other 3 there, plus the silver one is parked over 2 anyway! :laugh:  Tbf though, it looks like the back of a fairly empty car park, same with Lenny's Audis, although the angle of them would do my head in.  I'd rather that than the people that park at the front and slightly over the line by accident. :rolleyes: 

His facebook picture though...he has a massive dog sat on those lovely sports leathers, claws and drool will ruin that interior quicker than door dings outside. :sad: 

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

His facebook picture though...he has a massive dog sat on those lovely sports leathers, claws and drool will ruin that interior quicker than door dings outside. :sad: 

Leather seats are not fun for dogs. They offer no purchase for paws and you end up being flung into the door panels every time your human corners, being thrown into the foot well upon braking and sliding backwards when accelerating. Not to mention the motion sickness leading to random pools of dog vomit:sad:

Also dog vomit is particularly troublesome to get out of the window switches, even with the tiniest of detailing brushes:sad:

Brandy was quite relieved when I swapped the full leather interiored slippy BMW 740 for a fabric interiored non-slip Peugeot 406 - no more sliding about and colliding with door panels. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 11:20 AM, dezwez said:

Bell-end of the day. 

1.jpg

A few years ago a compete stranger did this to me in a supermarket car park. I was still in my car at the time (on the phone) and she parked beside me , much like that - absolutely no way for me to get out from the drivers door. I tapped the horn and gestured to her, she shrugged and got out her car. So I rolled the window down and punch her passenger door. 

You would have thought I has put a bomb in her car the way she exploded. Was worth it though - so got the point and moved it. :-) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Heard him on Jeremy Vine this afternoon, fair to say not the sharpest tool in the box!

Indeed, only the bluntest of tools would buy a new Vauxhall:laugh:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Indeed, only the bluntest of tools would buy a new Vauxhall:laugh:

We shouldn't mock the afflicted..........but it's SO much fun!!! :tongue:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Spotted this one a couple of hours ago in Elgin.  Parked less than one car-length from a junction on double yellow lines.  No owner in sight!!

WP_20170202_15_42_52_Pro.jpg

16 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Spotted this one a couple of hours ago in Elgin.  Parked less than one car-length from a junction on double yellow lines.  No owner in sight!!

WP_20170202_15_42_52_Pro.jpg

It doesn't even look parked that far the curb, more abandoned...

• Like 1