Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 1.8 Focus Mk2

Dan_Polly27

post-50178-143362255457_thumb.jpg

It's been a while since I've been on here, I've done a few bits(nothing major) to the car recently, if anyone has any ideas on what I could do next or what would look good I'd really appreciate it. Over the last few months I have had HID's installed, some internal lighting, front and rear LED scuff plates(not to sure on these, maybe a little 'chav' like) and today I've put on a new stubby aerial and Heko wind deflectors, please give your opinions. I think next on my list would be alloys, whether it's refurb or new ones, I'm looking at DAB Double Din units too. Thanks in advance. Dan

Scuff plates

post-50178-143362310341_thumb.jpgpost-50178-143362313002_thumb.jpg

Before

post-50178-143362358796_thumb.jpg

post-50178-143362360418_thumb.jpg

After

post-50178-14336237862_thumb.jpg

post-50178-143362363352_thumb.jpg

post-50178-143362365208_thumb.jpg

post-50178-14336237065_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

post-50178-143362355627_thumb.jpg

post-50178-143362374535_thumb.jpg

As you can see it's only the Aerial that's changed in the first 'after picture'

Cars looking good dude. I had the hekos and scuff plates on my mk2 too

Notice your after a dab double din, how much you looking to spend?

As I have a pioneer-x3500dab for sale. Still brand new. I paid £320 for it from Halfords, plus 60pounds for the fitting kit to make fitting it into a focus plug and play plus an extra 20pounds for the dab/fm splitter to use your existing fm aerial as a dab aerial. I tried the glass mounted dab aerials but they was pants. The splitter works better.

In total it's 400pounds worth of kit. I'm looking for 280 for it.

Like I say it's still brand new, think I had it fitted for two weeks tops and never even had a cd in it. Got dab radio, dvd player, mp3 player, rear usb, aux in, ipod connectivity, screen mirroring capability, input for a parking camera. List goes on.

Let me know if your interested

Car's looking good, did you have to add wiring for the scuff plates or was it already there?

Cars looking good dude. I had the hekos and scuff plates on my mk2 too

Notice your after a dab double din, how much you looking to spend?

As I have a pioneer-x3500dab for sale. Still brand new. I paid £320 for it from halfords, plus 60pounds for the fitting kit to make fitting it into a focus plug and play plus an extra 20pounds for the dab/fm splitter to use your existing fm aerial as a dab aerial. I tried the glass mounted dab aerials but they was pants. The splitter works better.

In total it's 400pounds worth of kit. I'm looking for 280 for it.

Like I say it's still brand new, think I had it fitted for two weeks tops and never even had a cd in it. Got dab radio, dvd player, mp3 player, rear usb, aux in, ipod connectivity, screen mirroring capability, input for a parking camera. List goes on.

Let me know if your interested

Thanks for that, I'll have a think and get back to you if that's ok?

Car's looking good, did you have to add wiring for the scuff plates or was it already there?

I didn't actually do them my friend did, but I remember him moaning that there was no wiring, my car doesn't even have an internal light in the back or the boot!

Anyone know the best way to get rid of this scratch? Or make it look better? Thanks

post-50178-143413907896_thumb.jpg

Firstly buddy what you want to do is run your nails over the scratch. If it doesn't catch it will come out with a good polishing compound.

The compound will do its best but may not work. Compound is more aggressive so be careful not to lift paint!! I would recommend using something like Meguiars ultimate compound as its quite aggressive but forgiving. After that give it a good waxing to bring the paint colour back through and to give it a glossy finish.

Let me know how you get on. I know Meguiars have a product called ScratchX but I have had no experience with this product.

Firstly buddy what you want to do is run your nails over the scratch. If it doesn't catch it will come out with a good polishing compound.

The compound will do its best but may not work. Compound is more aggressive so be careful not to lift paint!! I would recommend using something like meguiars ultimate compound as its quite aggressive but forgiving. After that give it a good waxing to bring the paint colour back through and to give it a glossy finish.

Let me know how you get on. I know meguiars have a product called ScratchX but I have had no experience with this product.

Thank you for your advice, I managed to pick up and try 'Meguiars Scratch X' I'm impressed so far, it certainly makes the smaller scratches look better, I will post some pictures tomorrow if the scratch I was concerned about.

post-50178-143421368036_thumb.jpg

Believe it or not it has made a difference, the picture doesn't do it justice. You can see it still but it has faded,I will keep applying it and see how we get on, just gave the Focus a wash too.

post-50178-143431206787_thumb.jpg

Good work.. Keep at it bud. Be careful though not to lift paint. I detailed mine today and found more stone chips :(

post-50178-143431283376_thumb.jpg

post-50178-143431285935_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've treated myself to a DAB radio from Halford, just over £250 fitted. Got it done today and pleased with it

Before...

post-50178-143457085458_thumb.jpg

Sooo much better. Looks great!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Evening all

I haven't posted for a while but I have purchased some new wheels, I'm having issues finding a Ford wheel cap 58mm, I would like a similar blue to my car, if anyone knows where I can get some it would be appreciated.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

liking you focus fella looks nice and loving the new wheels. liking the look of the new radio.