Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No2 Pas Intermittent Issue.

mrtickle666

There is an intermittent issue with my 05 2.0tdci diesel. Occasionally when I got to pull off, the engine splutters and dies. Often the red dash light is flashing. There is an intermittent signal fault reading for passive anti theft and if I take keys out of ignition for 5 seconds it clears and starts no issue. Any idea of what has gone that I need to fix?

Thanks

I've had a similar issue. When the key was turned and left for a couple of minutes in position 2 and then I'd go to turn over I'd get all sorts of faults from engine system faults, various PATS faults on the scanner and/or spluttering and failing to start. Once it was left a few seconds while being turned off and the key removed it would turn over just fine.

You might simply have a knackered key or something on the PATS system and this is of no use to you, but what fixed my issue in the end was changing the car battery. Since then no more issues. The thing that triggered the issues for me was leaving the key in position 2 for a while then go to start.

Sounds like the same issue. battery checked out fine but I had been having charge issues due to faulty fan sensor leaving fan on. Might be worth giving then change of battery a try.

Did you have any issues when driving? Mine fault can occur when stationary at junctions.

Not really when driving. Well when I stalled sometimes it would happen where the red light my the speedo would stay on and the pats light would blink 3 short one long I think it was. That's like a key or communication issue. Like I say on mine a battery change sorted it. You could have other issues mind you. Hope that helps

Yeah, the light does that. No harm in changing the battery anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club